With summer here, many of you are busy planning your vacations. Here are a few helpful tips if you’re traveling to the theme parks…
1. Finalize your reservations. This sounds like a no-brainer, but it happens to the best of us. You pick your hotel, price plane tickets, compare rental car options, but never actually click “Complete Reservation.” With the kids getting out of school for the summer, time can slip away from you…so can those seats on the plane and hotel rooms. Finalize your reservations as soon as you can to make sure you get exactly what you want. Visit 'Where to Stay' for lots of tips, Frog Family favorites and hotel information.
2. Choose the best ticket. Do you want to visit more than one park per day? Are you going to a water park? There are theme park tickets available to match whatever you and your family wishes to do. The Water Park Fun & More ticket, a popular choice for summer, is a great value and offers lots of flexibility. For help choosing the best ticket for your vacation, click here.
3. Pack wisely. You will not…I repeat, you will not…need a “just in case” jacket for a summer vacation in Florida, though a cover up to keep you warm inside restaurants is always recommended (the air conditioning is rather cool in Florida). Use the extra room in your suitcase for extra bathing suits and a poncho or two. Other items to include for a summer trip include misting fans, sunscreen, cooling scarves and hats. Click for more summer packing tips.
4. Keep the peace. Summer is a great time to load up the entire family, grandparents and all, and head to the theme parks. We love vacations that also serve as family reunions, but they can be a bit stressful. Get everyone’s input when you’re planning to ensure no one feels left out. It’s also a good idea to take a day trip or two beforehand so everyone gets used to traveling together. Click here for even more multi-generational trip planning tips.
5. Make a splash. With four awesome water parks within miles of each other, how can you plan a summer trip to Orlando and not visit at least one of them? Here’s an overview of the water parks to help you decide which one to put at the top of your list.
Do you have another tip for traveling to theme parks during the summer?
Your handheld guide and planning tool for all of the Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando parks.Learn More
Our step-by-step guides will save you up to 4 hours a day.
Learn how to Skip the Lines with the Frog Family Guide to FastPass+. Print it before you go!FastPass+ Guide (PDF)
Undercover Tourist is the leading supplier of online discount tickets to Orlando, Florida-area attractions, including Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando® Resort, SeaWorld® Orlando Resort, LEGOLAND® Florida and more.
In order to save your favorite items, you'll need to create an account.
Already have one? Sign in.