Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Are you ready for "blinding lights," bandaged maniacs and terrifying toad-like creatures? Step into the wicked mind of The Weeknd and face the horrors inspired by his album "After Hours" and the visuals from accompanying music videos. Guests can experience this new haunted house during Halloween Horror Nights at both Orlando and Hollywood. Additionally, Universal Orlando has started selling Frequent Fear (multi-day) passes, Scream Early tickets and tickets for the scare actor dining experience — the latter returns this year for the first time since 2019.
- In other spooky news, Knott's Berry Farm released a list of returning mazes and scare zones during its Halloween event. Knott's Scary Farm tickets go on sale Aug. 15. Meanwhile, over at Busch Gardens Tampa, the returning Residence house will get a new holiday twist during Howl-O-Scream. And LEGOLAND Florida is adding a new Monster Party to its Brick-or-Treat event this year.
- The MagicBand+ is finally here! With all of the features of the regular MagicBand, MagicBand+ comes with enhanced features and interactive experiences. The new wristband has motion recognition, color-changing lights, vibrations and more. Guests will be able to interact with the 50th-anniversary golden character statues as part of the Disney Fab 50 Quest, collect virtual bounties as part of Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters and experience the nighttime spectaculars with lights and vibrations in sync with the fireworks. We tested out the MagicBand+ on the very first day, and here's everything you need to know!
- If you're hopping over to the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival at any time during the event, we've got you covered! Check out our new downloadable menus, organized in walking order, along with recommendations for tadpole-friendly items and Frog Family favorites, as well as shoutouts to special dietary needs and items for Emile's Fromage Montage.
- Exciting Disney World dining news: Disney released a first look at the menu for the new BoardWalk Deli, opening in Disney’s BoardWalk at Disney World later this summer. The deli will offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert items inspired by the delis of the Northeast. Start your day with an Everything Bagel Sandwich, fuel up with a signature Italian sub or indulge in a cannoli or New Jersey Crumb Cake. Also, the exquisite Victoria and Albert's has returned to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!
@undercovertourist 🚨 Disney and theme park updates – Undercover Tourist's Weekly Roundup – July 29, 2022 w/ @David - Disneyland Tips #disneyparks #disneynews #tasteEPCOT #undercovertourist #magicband #HHN ♬ I Just Wanna Know - Luke Reeves
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.