Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Due to popular demand, Universal Orlando Resort has added an additional night to the Halloween Horror Nights lineup! Now, guests can experience all of the spooks and scares the event has to offer, including a brand-new lagoon show, on Monday, Oct. 21.
- New entertainment is coming to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon at Disneyland Park, but not just any entertainment ... dueling pianos! Replacing the long-running “Laughing Stock Co.," the dueling piano players will play Old West tunes and take audience requests. Additionally, a strolling magician will soon wander the streets of Frontierland, occasionally dropping into the Golden Horseshoe and the Mark Twain steamboat to perform his tricks.
- And speaking of the Disneyland Resort ... did you know that your favorite frogs also offer hoppin' deals on stays at Disneyland Resort hotels? Plus, if you bundle select park tickets with your 2-night stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel, you'll save some extra green! Jump over to see all of our frogtastic deals now, before they hop away!
- Yarr! On April 17, 2020 LEGOLAND's all-new pirate-themed hotel will officially open, welcoming swashbucklers and buccaneers! The five-story Pirate Island Hotel will host 150 rooms, each with two separate spaces: one for tadpoles with a bunk bed and LEGO play areas, and one for fully-grown frogs with a king-size bed and a TV. The hotel will also feature a heated pool and character experiences.
- The all-new Super Nintendo World in Universal Studios Japan is on track to open in early 2021! The interactive, three-level land will feature favorite video games and characters and will open with two rides: Super Mario Kart and "Yoshi's Adventures." (We can't wait to see what's coming to Universal's fourth U.S. theme park, Epic Universe!)
- The World of Tomorrow, aka Tomorrowland, has an new sign to welcome guests at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort! The white, curved arch leads guests from the hub to attractions such as Astro Blasters, the People Mover and Space Mountain.
- Oogie Boogie partied his way into Disney California Adventure Park! The very first Oogie Boogie Bash hoppened this week, and we were there to take in all of the spooky details! You can see the party's full Frightfully Fun Parade in the video above, featuring Jack Skellington, Disney villains and Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween best.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.