Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
- Universal Destinations & Experiences is rolling out a new update for guests who need attraction queue accommodations at both Universal Orlando Resort (more info) and Universal Studios Hollywood (more info). To get queue accommodations, guests must obtain the IBCCES Individual Accessibility Card (IAC) by registering at accessibilitycard.org at least 48 hours prior to their visit to the park. The program is free, and requires the following: 1) a recent photo, 2) contact information of the cardholder or parent/legal guardian, 3) and documentation from a medical provider, government entity or educational support professional related to the accommodations requested. The IAC card is valid for one year and can be used at other theme parks that participate in the IBCCES program.
- Hoppy birthday, Disneyland! Celebrate Disneyland Resort's 68th anniversary with a special birthday cavalcade, only at 11:45 a.m. on July 17, 2023, at Disneyland Park (theme park admission and reservation required). Hop over to our post to see all of the ways you can celebrate Disneyland on its birthday!
- Are you ready to return to the Upside Down? Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and Hollywood will once again feature a "Stranger Things"-themed house! It will be inspired by the popular fourth season, bringing the iconic scenes with Eleven, Max and Eddie to life. Step inside the Creel House, fight off demobats and even face Vecna himself inside his Mind Lair. Universal Orlando also added four dates, Nov. 1 to 4, bringing it to a record-breaking 48 nights. Don't miss out by purchasing discount HHN tickets through your favorite frogs!
- The Flying School coaster at LEGOLAND Florida is getting ready for its last flight. The family-friendly coaster's final day will be Aug. 16, which hoppens to be National Roller Coaster Day. There's still time to hop over to say your goodbyes and join the Summer Block Party festivities.
- Stop reading if you have an empty stomach ... we've got tons of Disney foodie news to share! The full menus for EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival have dropped, with lots of fan-favorite items returning along with four new D100-themed global marketplaces and a "Muppets"-themed Flavors from Fire marketplace. We also got a first look at new menu items coming to the all-new San Fransokyo Square area at Disney California Adventure. Plus, special limited-time items are coming soon for DOLE Whip Day and the release of the live-action "Haunted Mansion" movie.
- Time is running out to join our Share the Thrills Challenge for a chance to win a trip for two to Walt Disney World Resort from Aug. 3 to 5, alongside some of your favorite froggy friends! Be sure to get your entry in by 11:59 p.m. July 17. For full details and information on how to enter, hop over to our contest page.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.