Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Universal Orlando announced its lineup for Mardi Gras 2019 with performances by Bush, Gavin DeGraw, Dan + Shay, Macklemore, Sean Paul, Pitbull, Ziggy Marley and more! This hoppin' event that brings the (family-friendly) sights, sounds and flavors of Mardi Gras to Universal Studios Florida runs daily Feb. 9 through April 14, with concerts on select dates! Check out our guide to all of Universal Orlando's special events for 2019 so you can plan those trips!
- Beer lovers (ahem, Leap), take note: San Diego brewery Ballast Point is almost set to open in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. This 4,000-square-foot restaurant, bar and, yes, brewery will offer more than 50 styles of beers across 100 taps — plus there will be brews exclusive to this location.
- Naples Ristorante e Bar celebrated its grand reopening at Downtown Disney this week, and chefs Mickey Mouse and Goofy were on hand for the festivities! This popular restaurant has a new menu and a new fresh, modern feel!
- If you've ever set your sights on a Disney cruise (or you have a tadpole like Lily who seems to ask me every other day when we can take one), you can do it from March to May from San Diego. There will be two-, four-, five- and seven-night voyages to different locales in beautiful Mexico, including Baja and the Mexican Riviera, aboard the Disney Wonder with Marvel super hero pals.
- SeaWorld San Diego is getting a "dive" coaster in 2020. Mako, the "tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster in San Diego," will also be the only floorless dive coaster in the state!
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort announced the opening date for its second Marvel-themed attraction (and its first Marvel-themed attraction featuring a female super hero)! Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! will open March 31.
- Epcot has debuted a new dining package to celebrate the final season of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth on the patio of Rose & Crown Dining Room. This U.K. cuisine dining package includes prix fixe menu options such as scotch eggs, fish and chips, corned beef and cabbage, sticky toffee pudding and chocolate nougat bar.
- Last but not least, it's your last call to lock in your savings on Disneyland tickets! The resort announced a price rise this past weekend, but we are holding savings while we can ... if you're planning a trip this year, it's time to hop to it!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.