Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Universal Orlando Resort's newest hotel, Dockside Inn & Suites, will open March 17, 2020! Dockside Inn & Suites will join its sister hotel, Surfside Inn & Suites (which you can tour in the video below), to complete what will collectively be known as Universal's Endless Summer Resort. The value hotel is a great pick for families, with both standard rooms and two-bedroom suites, plus two pools and a splash pad. But don't wait until March ... you can book your Dockside Inn & Suites stay now!
- Now that we know when Epcot International Festival of the Arts will be returning in 2020, it's time to add some performing arts to the event! Walt Disney World Resort has officially announced part of the lineup for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, including Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White from “The Lion King," Heidi Blickenstaff from “The Little Mermaid" and “Freaky Friday," Gavin Lee from “Mary Poppins," Kara Lindsay from “Newsies," Ashley Brown from "Mary Poppins” and “Beauty and the Beast," and Kevin Massey and Josh Strickland from "Tarzan." Wow! Who will you be singing along with?
- Can you believe it's been 30 years since a certain red-headed mermaid became part of our world? That's right ... "The Little Mermaid" is turning 30! If you'll be heading to Walt Disney World Resort soon, there are photo ops a-plenty around the resort (including one with a dinglehopper!) to celebrate Ariel's magical anniversary.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures at Disneyland Resort will undergo a refurbishment in 2020! While exact dates for the refurbishment have yet to be released, the classic dark ride is expected to receive new show sets, props and scenes, new structural beams, refurbished rock work and electrical upgrades. The attraction has been in operation since the park opened in 1955. (Don't froget that we have a whole post dedicated to Disneyland Resort refurbishments to keep you up-to-date!)
- Speaking of attractions, who's excited for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to open?! (Tad toadally has both hands up.) Disney Parks revealed that the all-new, immersive attraction will feature four ride systems (yes, FOUR!) Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney World Resort on Dec. 5, 2019 and Disneyland Resort on Jan. 17, 2020. Ready, we are!
- To whet our appetites for the Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort, Universal has gifted us with a sneak peek at the seasonal food and beverages coming our way. Beginning Nov. 16, guests can enjoy holiday treats, including a Red Velvet Yule Log, Hot Apple Strudel on a stick and Reindeer Cupcakes. There's also the Insta-worthy Frozen Candy Cane and Frozen Eggnog beverages (both nonalcoholic), or libations for frogs 21 and older such as a Cranberry Margarita and Apple Cider Irish Mule. Um, drool. These are all toadally on our snack checklist for our next visit ... what, you don't have a snack checklist?! Don't worry — we have all of the merry details for the Holidays at Universal Orlando so you can make your very own checklist! (You're welcome.)
- Last but not least, don't froget, your favorite frogs are throwing a VIP party inside Universal Orlando Resort! For a limited time, you can purchase tickets that will include access to both parks, plus food and great rates on your hotel stay! Hop to it.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.