Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- If you couldn't make a trip in time for Halloween Horror Nights but are still dying to see the Byers household, you're in serious luck. In honor of #StrangerThingsDay on Nov. 6, Universal Orlando Resort will be opening the house from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for all guests with valid park admission. Now's your chance to save Will! (Psst ... passholders get Express entry.)
- Pixar Pier has been made more official than ever before with the arrival of the Pixar Lamp atop its marquee. Disneyland Resort's latest addition puts the spotlight on guests entering the fun, animated area ... whether for a bite at the aptly named Lamplight Lounge, or for a ride on the Incredicoaster. Consider it your personal Pixar welcome! Oh, and don't forget ... we have discounted tickets for your next visit.
- Ralph and Vanellope (of Wreck-It Ralph and upcoming Ralph Breaks the Internet) are escaping the arcade to visit Disney parks this fall. The duo will start meeting in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park on the West Coast beginning Nov. 9, and in Epcot's Innoventions West starting Nov. 21 in Florida. Lily and Tad are both ecstatic!
- Fulfilling their message that "Giving is Universal," Universal Studios Hollywood will be hosting its 14th annual Day of Giving on Nov. 8 as it welcomes 300 homeless children from Operation School Bell. The kids will be given a selection of new clothing and school supplies before an action-packed afternoon experiencing all of Universal's fun and exciting attractions. Could we love Universal any more?
- A party within a party? Sounds hoppin' to us! Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is now offering Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party — a separately-priced, special experience offering an assortment of appetizers, desserts and refreshments, as well as a getaway for party guests AND a reserved parade viewing area. Reservations are now open, and the event is priced at $99/person plus tax.
- Mobile ordering is basically our all-time fave technology to use in the parks, so we're thrilled to hear that Mobile Express Pick Up is now available at selection locations at Universal Orlando Resort. Mel's Drive-In, Richter's Burger Co. and The Burger Digs are the first locations with this awesome feature, and we expect it to expand soon! This is a major time-saver, so we can't wait to check it out ... in the name of research, of course ;)
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.