Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Universal Orlando's Mardi Gras lineup for 2020 is here, and it is hoppin' good! In between catching beads and watching six amazing new floats go by, get ready to see TLC, Luis Fonsi, Marshmello and more in concert beginning Feb. 1, 2020. Best of all, Mardi Gras is included in your regular park admission to Universal Orlando Resort, so grab your tickets and put your dancing shoes on!
- We've been anxiously awaiting the opening of Epcot's new BBQ restaurant in the American Adventure pavilion, The Regal Eagle Smokehouse (because, BBQ). And now, we have even more reason to hop by! The Muppets' Sam Eagle is officially the face of the new establishment and will be present in both signage and backstory. The restaurant, to borrow Sam Eagle's Muppet Vision 3D phrasing, will be a salute to all food, but mostly BBQ, sampling favorite BBQ styles from around the nation. Are you a Texas BBQ fan? Memphis? Kansas City? Let us know which you're most excited to dig into in the comments below!
- Introducing Club runDisney! Disney has created an all-new membership opportunity for runners. Featuring three different one-year-long membership levels, each membership will offer a special range of benefits, such as low race registration pricing, early registration opportunities, special race bibs and expedited check-in ... and even character meet and greets! Club runDisney membership will be available beginning Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at 10 a.m. EST (just in time for the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend!).
- If you're anything like us, you are a huge fan of the souvenir popcorn buckets coming out of the Disney Parks (they are just too cool to stay away from!). And now, Disneyland is offering a Millennium Falcon popcorn bucket that can be filled with popcorn OR french fries ... and it lights up! Oh. Em. Gee. You can get the beloved hunk-of-junk at Galactic Grill if you want fries (Mobile Order is available too), or with popcorn at any of the Tomorrowland popcorn stands. We know you can't virtually pass us a fry (we wish), but if you nab a Millennium Falcon popcorn bucket, will you share a hologram with us? (That's a photo to you non-galactic travelers.)
- Have you ever wanted to take a behind-the-scenes tour of the animal exhibits at SeaWorld? Well, now you can! Inside Look at SeaWorld Orlando will allow guests to peek into Dolphin Theater, Manta Aquarium, sea lion and otter housing, Bee Rescue Conservation Program, dive operations at the underwater viewing for manatees and the SeaWorld Rescue Center. The event will also feature wildlife rescue and rehabilitation presentations from the one-and-only Jack Hanna! Inside Look will take place Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through Jan. 26, 2020, so be sure to hop in soon!
- Great news, Disney cruisers! Disney Cruise Line's Marvel Day at Sea events will return in 2021! Itineraries for next year's cruises featuring Marvel Day at Sea are now available, giving guests the epic opportunity to rub elbows with a huge assembly of Marvel Super Heroes and Villains while they cruise.
- We frogs love saving some green! You may have heard the exciting news that Disneyland recently released some hoppin' deals just for California residents ... and guess what? Your favorite frogs have them too! If you're a California resident, be sure to check out these ticket deals before they hop away! (For our friends who live outside of California, don't fret! We have amazing deals on theme park tickets, hotels and rental cars for you too. You can find our daily deals here.)
- Psst ... can you keep a secret? A Baby Yoda-inspired cocktail has floated onto the secret menu at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel. Be sure to ask a bartender about it, because you won't find it listed on the menu! This is the way.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.