Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Let's-a-go! Universal Studios Hollywood hosted a grand opening, star-studded event earlier in the week to celebrate the debut of Super Nintendo World, which is now open! The red carpet was rolled out — even Shigeru Miyamoto, the designer who created Mario, was in attendance, alongside Mario himself, Luigi and Princess Peach. For the lowdown on everything Super Nintendo World has to offer, hop over to our main guide. We expect the land to be a hoppin' place for the time being, so get familiar with the Virtual Line system, which may be in use when the land reaches (or is expected to reach) capacity. We also have deets on the food offerings, Power-Up Bands and not-to-miss details to watch out for when you visit!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has taken strides to become more inclusive over the last year or so, such as the stylists receiving the new title of Fairy Godmother's Apprentices, and these efforts continue to grow. The Apprentices now offer a variety of hairstyles that cover a range of hair types and textures, as well as a wide selection of makeup palettes that can suit all skin colors. Adaptive costumes have also become available for young tadpoles with various needs, such as stretchier fabric, discreet flap openings for easy tube access and ankle-length bottoms for those who are seated. We love this extra care and attention to make sure all are seen and welcomed!
- SeaWorld Orlando has added Mardi Gras celebrations from Feb. 16-26, during the Seven Seas Food Festival. There will be a reimagined pop-up parade, live music and a street party, plus a new kids' craft activity that involves making a Mardi Gras mask. More Seven Seas concerts have also been added to the lineup, with performances by Sean Kingston, Hanson, The Marshall Tucker Band and more.
- The Knott's Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival is back this year, and the newly released 2023 menu is stacked with sweet and savory items featuring the famous berry. Knott's will also offer a $55 tasting card for six sampling selections from 11 food booths throughout the park. The event kicks off March 10 and runs through April 16. So, who wants to try the brand-new boysenberry BBQ meatball pizza with me?
- We're so ready to enter the grid! Registration for annual passholder previews for TRON Lightcycle / Run hoppened this week. Reservations filled quickly for those wanting a sneak peek of the highly anticipated ride, ahead of its official April 4 debut. The previews will take place March 4-6 and 8-12. And guess which lucky frogs snagged a spot? We'll be there March 4 to give you a look on our Instagram @themeparkfrog. Make sure you follow us so you can hop along with us!
- Don't miss our current hop deal! For a limited time, you can purchase Walt Disney World Resort adult tickets at child prices and save up to $100 a ticket. This deal excludes 1-day and 2-day tickets and ends Feb. 21, 2023, at midnight EST. Tickets are valid for travel through December 2023. All of Undercover Tourist's theme park tickets are backed by a 365-day refund policy so you can purchase with confidence.
- Set your alarm clock — Roundup Rodeo BBQ dining reservations will open up Feb. 21! The new family-style, table-service restaurant in Toy Story Land is gearing up to debut March 23.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.