Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Calling all runners! Universal Studios Hollywood is hosting its first in-park 5K May 11, 2019! Runners will get to catch all of the awesome park sights during their cardio. With the new "Running Universal" brand attached, it sounds like there will be more races afoot and we're hoppin' excited!
- Walt Disney World Resort celebrated its one-millionth mobile order at none other than Aloha Isle. Chef Mickey Mouse was on hand to congratulate the lucky Ramos family as they picked up their Dole Whip items and reward them with a $500 Disney gift card ... winning! Have you tried mobile ordering at one of Disney World's 20 participating quick-service dining locations? Check out our guide to learn how.
- In more food news, build-your-own pizza spot Napolini is now open in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort. The individually portioned pizzas are customizable with the sauce, cheese, meat and veggies of your choosing ... or you can opt for one of their six signature choices.
- Universal Orlando Resort debuted new ride lockers at its parks this week, implementing a fee for larger lockers (the small lockers remain free for the duration of your ride). Guests unlock the new lockers with their park ticket. The new lockers are currently operating at Men In Black: Alien Attack, Revenge of the Mummy, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.
- Sure to delight all of your senses, a limited-time Tasting Sampler Package is coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The $30 package includes a $35 gift card to be used at select food and beverage locations throughout the park from Dec. 22, 2018, to Jan. 2, 2019. In addition, you'll receive one preferred seat per gift card for the second showing of Rivers of Light on the day of your choice. Sounds like a deal to us!
- You may have heard that we hopped on over to LEGOLAND Florida's Christmas Bricktacular last weekend ... and we loved every second! There are tons of tadpole-friendly, seasonal activities, and it's the perfect Christmas shopping opportunity for Santa and Mrs. Claus. But you could always put discounted LEGOLAND Florida tickets under the tree instead ... ;)
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.