Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- All aboard! The Walt Disney World Railroad is ready to welcome passengers after refurbishment this holiday season. The 100-year-old steam trains and their tracks underwent some maintenance, but also, the narration and voiceover were reimagined and rerecorded. Passengers will even get to experience a new tunnel near Tron Lightcycle Run. What a special holiday surprise!
- What more could we possibly have to look forward to at Disney World in 2023? How about even more princesses?! Disney announced that Cinderella's Royal Table will re-welcome princesses for royal greetings beginning Feb. 28.
- Walt Disney World's 50th-anniversary celebration will come to a close on March 31 — and there's a Grand Finale merchandise collection to wrap up the occasion! Those castle ears are going on our wish list.
- Another milestone celebration is almost here! Disney released a behind-the-scenes look at 'Wondrous Journeys,' the new nighttime spectacular coming to Disneyland Park for the Disney100 celebration, beginning Jan. 27 — and it's an actual LOOK, released on YouTube! What are you most looking forward to about this magical celebration?
- Disney Imagineers have gifted all of us with something really neat — you can make your own replica Disney Parks tree at home! Download the templates to print and fold mini replica trees from your favorite parks. What a perfect activity for wiggly tadpoles (and fully grown frogs!) home for the holidays!
- Wintry weather has made its way to Orlando, which has resulted in a few temporary closures due to weather, namely at the water parks. Universal's Volcano Bay water park and Disney's Blizzard Beach water park are temporarily closed for weather and will both reopen Dec. 26.
- Walt Disney World Resort gate prices, as well as on-site hotel rates, have increased as of Dec. 8, 2022. Undercover Tourist will hold old ticket prices and hotel rates for a limited time — lock in old prices before they're gone! You can save up to $173 per ticket, for a limited time.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.