We are committed to providing an accessible user experience for all website visitors.
The contrast between foreground and background text will increase.
Remove the accessibilty icon while viewing the site.
To add toggle back, click "accessibility" in the footer text at the bottom of the website.
Save up to 25% on Nationwide Attractions!
Save up to 25% on Nationwide Sports!
Save up to 25% on Nationwide Concerts!
Up to $1,500 Onboard Cash Exclusive + No Booking Fees!
big crowds…sounds like a winter theme park vacation to me! Here are some helpful tips if you’re planning a trip to the theme parks this winter.
1. Finalize your plans. Keep your stress level as low as possible by making your plans as far in advance as you can. Have you purchased your attractions tickets? Have you confirmed your flight and hotel arrangements? Have you made Advanced Dining Reservations? Have you started making a daily itinerary or Frog TOUR? (Use Undercover Tourist’s apps and the Frog TOURS Planning Page for help organizing your daily schedule.) Finalize as many details as you can so by the time your trip rolls around all you have to worry about is having fun!
2. Include ‘Shopping’ in your ‘Planning.’ If you’re spending the Christmas or Hanukkah holiday at the theme parks, you may want to check on shipping gifts to your hotel or resort in order to cut down on baggage fees. As far as shopping while you’re here, set a budget and arrange for return shipping. (The Concierge at most hotels can assist you with shipping options.) If you’ll be shopping throughout your days AT the theme parks, use the Package Pick-Up Service and have your purchases sent to the front of the park for you to pick up when you exit. (Disney resort guests can have purchases sent directly to their hotel.) For Mommy Frog's 5 Favorite Places to Shop In & Around Orlando, click here.
3. Take some time to relax before your trip. The holidays can be a stressful time even if you’re not going on a big theme park vacation. So when you add together all that goes into planning the trip, the trip itself, and the big crowds at the theme parks, it can be a little overwhelming. If at all possible, try not to schedule anything the day or two before you leave so you’re rested and refreshed when you begin your winter trip to the theme parks.
Here are more tips to help you get ready for vacation…Preparing for the Theme Parks (blog) by Leap.
4. Stay safe (& comfortable) on the road. If you’re driving through cold and icy weather to get here be sure to have your car checked out before you leave. Take frequent breaks along the way to stretch your legs and remain alert; the warm air from the heater can make drivers sleepy. Also, throw in an extra blanket or two just in case you do break down. One of our Twitter friends (@sippycupmom ) recommends packing snacks and $1 toys to pull out when you need them on a road trip to Orlando.
5. Know what to expect at the theme parks during the holidays. The theme parks are especially busy during the holiday season. Here are some great holiday travel tips from our friends on Facebook:
“Be patient! Not only of your own family but of other families. Everyone’s goal is to get to their destination safely and have fun. Remember that!” (Chris P.)
“Relax, give yourself extra time and let the kids choose some of the activities too.” (Lynn S.)
“Realize that it’s going to be busy and you’re not going to be able to do and see it all. Let everyone pick their must do’s and go from there…remember you are at the most magical place on earth and enjoy it! Stress is no fun for anyone in your party!” (Holly S.)
“Cherish the moments that you have together! J” (Valerie H.)
Read Leap’s Top 10 Sanity-Saving Tips (blog) if you’ll be spending the holidays at the theme parks.
6. Schedule a “cushion day” or two after your trip before you return to work and school. The saying “I need a vacation from my vacation” is especially true after a theme park vacation. I always feel more at ease during our trip if I’ve scheduled a day or two of rest after our trip. I have time to unpack and get things back to “normal,” and the kids aren’t completely exhausted when they go back to school. (Oh and by the way, you’ve found the Hidden Giveaway! The first 6 people to copy and paste “I found the hidden giveaway in your newsletter!” on our Facebook Page will win a Frog Family t-shirt and hat!) UPDATE: All prizes were found for this giveaway, but keep your eyes open for more!
Wondering what to pack for a winter trip to the theme parks? Read my Winter Packing Tips (blog) here.
Disney Family Vacation,
Theme Park Vacation,
Undercover Tourist is the leading supplier of online discount tickets to Orlando, Florida-area attractions, including Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando Resort™, SeaWorld® Orlando, LEGOLAND® Florida Resort and more.
Our step-by-step guides will save you up to 4 hours a day.
In order to save your favorite items, you'll need to create an account. Already have one? Sign in.