We’re searching for a full-time Design Director for Undercover Tourist, an established leader in the family travel space. This exciting leadership role will report to the VP of Product & Marketing and work closely with our engineering, product, and content teams. As the visual and UX lead for the company, you’ll supervise and mentor a Front End Developer and freelancers as needed to maintain and grow the company vision. Our ideal candidate will have a strong branding and interactive design background, extensive knowledge of modern code standards (HTML/CSS/JS), and be able to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels. A strong attention to detail and project management experience are required, as this is a pivotal role with many exciting, fast-paced projects and opportunities to make a meaningful impact.
This role may be remote, though local applicants in Austin, TX would be preferred. Applicants must have at least 5 years of related professional experience, with 1-2 years managing a team.
• Lead the brand vision and execution for Undercover Tourist, ensuring consistency across all channels and pushing the brand to greater heights.
• Deliver code-ready UX design sketches for front end / engineering teams. Take feedback from stakeholders and implement in a timely manner. Manage workflow from initial brainstorming to execution, delegating as necessary to Front End Developer.
• Design marketing / brand ads as needed, including but not limited to: emails, banners, social media, video assets, print ads, and merchandise.
• Occasionally step in and help with front end coding as needed.
• Conduct user testing and A/B tests to continually optimize site performance and conversion.
• Stay up to date on UX and code standards and initiate ideas to improve site performance.
• Coordinate processes and workflow to deliver excellent, efficient products. Responsible for maintaining deadlines.
• QA work thoroughly to ensure optimal product
Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Exact Target Email Platform, Django, Pycharm, Codekit, Github, Browserstack, JIRA/Confluence, Monday.com, Zendesk
Undercover Tourist offers a generous pay and benefits package including fully covered health insurance (no employee premiums!) and a 401K. We want the finest possible talent on our team and we work hard to keep everyone happy! Our team is small but we deliver big results while still leading a balanced life. You’ll enjoy flexible work hours, free snacks and drinks, along with a comfy tv/game room (table tennis!) as you get to know your other coworkers.
Since 2000, Undercover Tourist has sold millions of tickets to top Orlando attractions. Since 2014, we have expanded into Southern California theme parks, top city destinations like New York, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and top ski resort destinations in Colorado, Utah and California. Along with helping families save time and money with Walt Disney World® Resort hotels, attraction tickets and car rentals, Undercover Tourist offers vacation planning tools, including our free Orlando travel App, crowd calendars, touring plans, maps and more tools to skip-the-lines. Our customers get to their favorite attractions faster and for less! We are in an exciting expansion phase – with plans to launch more cities, more attractions and more family-friendly hotels to our already successful business. Come grow with us!
If you’re interested and your experience/skills match our requirements, please send your resume and a note expressing why you would like to be considered to email@example.com.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
In order to save your favorite items, you'll need to create an account. Already have one? Sign in.