The primary role of the Video Editor is to oversee the editing, uploading and asset management of marketing videos for Undercover Tourist. He or she will be responsible for continuing to create, edit, execute and manage the production of the POV and specialized videos that have contributed to the success of our YouTube channel (about 70% of the role). He or she will also contribute to the creation and execution of new video concepts, shows and other video ideas.
Our ideal candidate understands what it takes to inform, educate and entertain through video on the big social media channels – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. The right candidate will have hands-on editing experience and is looking to grow his or her skill set. This isn't the right role for a dedicated shooter or cinematographer. Strong communication and organization skills are a must.
This is a fast-paced role that requires someone who can deftly balance short- and long-term projects, and business and creative needs. The ability to set and meet deadlines is absolutely critical. If you love digging into the nuts and bolts of what makes a successful video or channel as much as you love video creation, then this is the right role for you!
- Produce and edit videos that showcase the fun of theme parks and other family travel destinations, and highlight ways for families to save time and money on travel.
- Responsible for anticipated output of 8-10 videos per week, spread out among four social media channels.
- Create videos for core platforms: Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Collaborate and lead in the ideation, writing, shooting and production of tailored video content across channels—YouTube, other social mediums, blog etc.
- Manage the editing, post-production and uploading of videos; coordinate with videographers and editors on assignments; review published video to ensure it is accurate, relevant and adheres to best practices.
- Oversee the YouTube channel analytics and metrics to understand which types of video perform best; apply performance insights to new videos and formats; help set key benchmarks and deliverables in coordination with the Content Editor.
- Stay current on trends and best practices, on YouTube in particular, with the goal of growing our video inventory, formats, quality, presence and engagement, and driving awareness of our brand and more people back to our site.
- Maintain the video production equipment and media library; document practices; keep abreast of industry and equipment advances.
- Participate in ideation/brainstorm sessions with content team and regularly scheduled reviews of our current projects as well as competitors’ projects.
- Comfort with script writing and storyboarding.
- Ability to write video outlines and treatments.
- Knowledge of Google Adwords.
- 2-3 years of video production experience.
- Exceptional organization for keeping track of and cataloguing projects.
- Advanced knowledge of video editing and associated tools (Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects).
- Familiarity with SEO, and video and web publishing best practices.
- Solid attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Self-motivated and excellent communication.
- Willingness to “fail quickly;” not everything will succeed. We want someone who can implement and revise quickly using sound strategy and best practices.
- Not afraid of deadlines and understand the importance of a back-out schedule.
- Proven project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to “self-learn” to stay current in talents related to this job.
- Ability to lead, work and interact with others in a positive, collaborative manner.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter and/or link to your reel/relevant examples of your work to email@example.com The subject line should read: Video Editor Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
About Undercover Tourist
Undercover Tourist offers a generous pay and benefits package including fully covered health insurance. We want the finest possible talent on our team and we work hard to keep everyone happy! Our team is small but we deliver big results while still leading a balanced life. You’ll enjoy flexible work hours, free snacks and drinks, along with a comfy tv/game room (table tennis!) as you get to know your other coworkers.
Undercover Tourist is the leading supplier of online discount tickets to Orlando Florida-area attractions including Disney World Universal Studios Orlando SeaWorld Richard Petty Driving Experience Medieval Times and more. We send our customers to their favorite attractions faster and for less.
Undercover Tourist based in Austin TX was founded in June 2000 (legal name InsiderGuide.com LC). We have a successful YouTube channel (featured in Mashable) Blog Affiliate Program Bestselling apps on iPhone Android & Windows 7 and very happy customers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Thanks for applying!