About Splash Mountain
Splash Mountain Details
TypePoi | Ride
Height Req.40" (102cm) minimum
OtherSingle Rider Line
Hop on a hollow log and follow Br'er Rabbit on his adventures through Splash Mountain at Disneyland® Park. You'll sing and laugh along with the characters from the classic 1946 Disney Film "Song of the South." During your log-flume adventure, you'll glide and float past watering holes of Chik-A-Pin Hill like Critter Cave, the Fishing Place, the Old Loop, Br'er Fox's Lair and Br'er Rabbit's home in the Briar Patch! Some of the many creatures you'll clap and sing along with include geese, frogs (our favorite!), raccoons, possums, bees and alligators. Be prepared to get splashed by water on this adventure in Critter Country!
Splash Mountain is a log flume ride in Critter Country at Disneyland Park. The ride's duration is around 9 minutes. Guests must transfer from their wheelchair/ECV to the ride vehicle.
This attraction offers Rider Switch.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Splash Mountain
Frog Family Tips
- To beat long waits, get to Splash Mountain as soon as the park opens (but you might end up walking around in wet clothes for the rest of the day). Try experiencing Splash Mountain during parades or Fantasmic!, using Genie+ or hopping in the Single Rider line.
- If you're in the front row, prepare to get drenched! Sitting towards the back of the log increases your chances of staying more dry, but you'll still get wet.
- Bring a poncho or trash bag to protect your clothes and store any items you don't want to get wet in a plastic bag.
- There are more than 950,000 gallons of water on Splash Mountain. The big drop at the end is 5 stories high!
- Splash Mountain at Disneyland opened on July 17, 1989. This classic log-flume ride is at three Walt Disney parks around the world (Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland).
- The theming of Splash Mountain is based on the 1946 Disney film "Song of the South".
- Imagineer Tony Baxter originally thought of this ride idea while he was stuck in traffic.
- You'll see over 100 Audio-Animatronics while experiencing Splash Mountain! Some of these animatronics include frogs (our favorite), raccoons, possums, alligators and more.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Splash Mountain
Related Los Angeles Posts
- Disneyland Refurbishments & Closings
- Best Time to Visit Disneyland in 2023 and 2024
- What’s Coming to Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond — '100 Years of Magic' Kicks Off January 2023!
- Our Top Tips and Strategies for Using Disney Genie Plus Service at Disneyland
- Best Theme Parks in California by Age Group
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- ~Hoppin'~ Good Guide to EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays
- The Full List of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays 2022 Menus
- Truly Useful Tips to Save on Disney World Tickets
- How to Save Money on Disneyland Tickets
- Where to Find Thanksgiving Dinner (Or a Turkey Leg) at Walt Disney World