Festival of the Lion King
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
About Festival of the Lion King
Festival of the Lion King Details
TypePoi | Show
Festival of the Lion King is a broadway-quality show based on Disney’s animated classic, "The Lion King." The show begins with four performers getting the audience ready for the action to come. Each section of the audience, led by one of the performers, will practice making the sound of the animal that section represents. (Here’s your chance to roar like a lion, snort like a warthog, trumpet like an elephant or bleat like a giraffe!) The main part of Festival of the Lion King is, well, a “festival” of singing, dancing, stilt-walking, acrobatics and fire-juggling all with beautiful lighting and musical effects.
Festival of the Lion King is, by far, one of our favorite shows in all of Walt Disney World® Resort; we make a point to see it at least once on every trip. Tad loves the audience participation aspect of the show when he gets to act like an animal. Lily loves the bright costumes and gymnastics. Mommy Frog loves the music. Leap ... he loves relaxing in the air-conditioned theater!
Festival of the Lion King is a 30-minute show in an air-conditioned, 1,450-seat amphitheater and is located in the Africa area at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. It is performed several times throughout the day so check the Times Guide for a show schedule. Festival of the Lion King is enjoyed by guests of all ages and is one of the most popular shows in Walt Disney World® Resort. The theater has bench seating with no backs.
Guests may remain in their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction. Assistive Listening Devices, which amplify the audio, are available at Guest Relations. Handheld Captioning Devices, which display text segments, are also available at Guest Relations. Sign language interpretation is available on Saturday at select times. You can pick up a schedule at Guest Relations.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Festival of the Lion King
Frog Family Tips
- Arrive at the Festival of the Lion King Theater 35-45 minutes early for the midday shows due to the popularity of this show! The queue area isn’t shaded, so wait until the Cast Members begin directing guests to move to the right-hand queue to get in line.
- Keep in mind that strollers are not permitted in the queue area and you’ll most likely end up holding your little one while you wait to enter the theater. Our recommendation is to see the first performance of Festival of the Lion King when you won’t have to arrive as early to the theater (20 minutes should be plenty).
- Don't worry about sitting close to the stage; all seats in the theater provide a good view of the action. In fact, the first five rows have minimal rise so small children may have a hard time seeing everything.
- Festival of the Lion King premiered at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park on April 22, 1998.
- There are approximately 136 costumes that are worn by the cast of the show.
- "The Lion King" borrows certain elements from Shakespeare's Hamlet, including the storyline of a young prince whose uncle takes over a kingdom after murdering the king.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Festival of the Lion King
Related Orlando Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Your Screamin' Guide to Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2023
- Your Guide to Disneyland's Theme Park Reservation System — How to Make Your Disneyland Reservation!
- A Fan's Guide to the San Antonio Spurs
- How to Score a Great Deal on Los Angeles Lakers Tickets
- Test Your Knowledge With Our Spooky Disneyland Scavenger Hunt!