Liberty Square Riverboat
Liberty Square Area
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Liberty Square Riverboat Details
TypePoi | Ride
Board the authentic 3-tiered paddlewheel steamship, the Liberty Belle, at the Liberty Square Riverboat Landing near The Hall of Presidents and embark on a scenic, half-mile tour that circles the Rivers of America. During the first part of the boat ride, you’ll enjoy views of the 5-story plunge at the end of Splash Mountain® Attraction, the sights and sounds of Tom Sawyer Island, Fort Langhorn and Harper’s Mill, and watch the mine trains of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® Attraction speeding by. The second part of the boat ride might make you wonder if you’re even inside Magic Kingdom® Park. The heavily-wooded backbend of the river takes you past woodland animals (Audio-Animatronic), hints of river pirates, Native American villagers and a burning cabin. It truly feels like another place and time. Throughout your journey, you’ll enjoy the recorded narration delivered by one of Walt Disney’s favorite authors and humorists, Mark Twain.
The Liberty Square Riverboat is located in Liberty Square atMagic Kingdom® Park. Guests board and depart the boat at the Liberty Square Riverboat Landing located near The Hall of Presidents (to the left of The Haunted Mansion). The duration of the attraction is about 17 minutes. The boat holds approximately 450 guests and has three observation decks. Guests may remain in their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction. Children under the age of 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Liberty Square Riverboat
Frog Family Tips
- Ride Liberty Square Riverboat when you need a break from the crowds and a rest for your legs.
- Sit on the top deck for the finest views and photo opportunities. If you’re looking for shade, get a spot on the first or second decks.
- Don't feel too bad skipping this ride, unless it's a very calm day at Magic Kingdom® Park and you've done absolutely everything else there is to do.
- Keep your eyes open during the first half of the boat ride - the views of Frontierland® Area are great. The second half of the boat ride around the backside of Tom Sawyer Island makes you feel like you've stepped back in time.
- The attraction is named Liberty Square Riverboat, but the ship itself is named the Liberty Belle.
- While the ship looks straight out of the 19th century, it was actually built in a dry dock on Disney property for the 1971 opening of Walt Disney World Resort.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat actually has a boiler room that converts the water in the Rivers of America into steam that propels the paddle that powers the boat.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Liberty Square Riverboat
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Not-to-Miss Rides and Experiences at EPCOT
- Spectacular Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July at Disney World
- What's Coming to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando in 2022 and Beyond — Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opening in Late 2024!
- What’s Coming to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond
- Early Theme Park Entry to Return Aug. 8 for Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests