San Antonio City Guide
OverviewFamilies love visiting San Antonio and enjoying its fascinating culture and history, fun dining options and great theme parks. Whether you're experiencing the shows and rides at SeaWorld San Antonio and Six Flags Fiesta Texas or mingling with the animals at the San Antonio Zoo, you're bound to have fun. Make sure you grab a photo and take a tour of the Alamo, the famous 18th-century Spanish mission that played a key role in the Texas Revolution. Then, head down to the River Walk and take in the beautiful lights and festive decorations while snacking on Tex-Mex food or exploring the shops. Want a toadally different view of the city? Reach new heights atop the Tower of the Americas. Whatever's on your itinerary, your family can have a great and unforgettable vacation in San Antonio!
Best Time to VisitOctober-May will let you enjoy many of the city's attractions without too much of the Texas heat, though you may want to avoid (or participate in!) Fiesta San Antonio — it's held for 10 days in April, and over 2.5 million people attend it.
If you're set on visiting during the June-September months, you can find some great summer savings at different attractions.
What We Love
- The colorful and festive atmosphere of the River Walk
- A family-friendly mixture of fun theme park attractions, famous historic sites, unique museums and more
- Tex-Mex food we're always hoppy to eat (extra queso, anyone?)
- Proximity to even more great destinations: water parks, outlet malls, the scenic Texas Hill Country and the nearby city of Austin
Fun Facts About San Antonio
- San Antonio was named Texas' first World Heritage Site by the United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO).
- The Central Library houses over 580,000 books and is painted in a can't-miss-it color called "enchilada red."
- The city is the proud home of the NBA basketball team known as the San Antonio Spurs.
- Church's Fried Chicken started as a small San Antonio restaurant not far from the Alamo.
- Fiesta San Antonio is a 10-day celebration that takes place every April and features multiple parades and events. It draws in over 2.5 million people.
San Antonio Top Tickets