Family-Friendly Things to Do in San Diego
With miles and miles of beaches and year-round mild weather, San Diego is a popular family travel destination. There are plenty of San Diego attractions—most of them outdoors or on the water—and it's easy enough to hop around.
Popular San Diego attractions and tourist spots include the marina, Gaslamp Quarter, Old Town, Little Italy, Balboa Park and Coronado Island. Picturesque La Jolla—home to the famed Torrey Pines and sun-bathing seals—as well as the beach towns of Carlsbad, Encinitas and Del Mar are within a couple of hours' drive and offer some amazing, family-friendly escapes.
Great Customer Service
here for you!
Helpful Resources for San Diego
Related San Diego Posts
- Overview of Special Needs at the Southern California Theme Parks & Zoos
- Our Must-Try Eats and Treats at LEGOLAND California Resort
- Our ∼Fin-tastic∼ Guide to SeaWorld San Diego Events in 2022 and Beyond
- 20 LEGOLAND California Tips for an Awesome Trip
- Building a Perfect Day with a Touring Plan at LEGOLAND California
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Not-to-Miss Rides and Experiences at EPCOT
- Spectacular Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July at Disney World
- What's Coming to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando in 2022 and Beyond — Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opening in Late 2024!
- What’s Coming to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond
- Early Theme Park Entry to Return Aug. 8 for Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests