Experience the historic "Pink Lady"—just steps from the coastline and La Jolla Cove. What we love…
- Free Parking
- Room Service
- 6.6miSeaWorld® San Diego
- 9.6miSan Diego International Airport (SAN)
- 19.4miLEGOLAND® California Resort
- View on Map
Sorry, there is no availability for these dates.
Frog Family Review for La Valencia Hotel*
Have you stayed at this hotel?
Tell us about your experience and help other families plan their vacation.
We rely on our frog friends to give us the inside scoop! Tell us about your experience and help other families plan their next vacation.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Thanks for being one of the trusted frog family reviewers.
Guests like you make vacations better!
What we love
- Meditteranean-style property is one of the oldest hotels in the area
- Ocean-front hotel is a AAA Four Diamond Award winner
- Offers a range of accommodations, including vintage rooms all the way up to modern suites
- Luxurious imported bed linens and toiletries
- Perfect location near the beach, fabulous shopping and restaurants
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tub
- Pet friendly
Keep in Mind
- Smallest rooms are quite cozy at 250 square feet
- Classic standard rooms start at 400 square feet
- With many room types and few queens, book the room you desire rather than try to get an upgrade
- Few rooms that sleep 4
- While there is no on-site spa, guests can enjoy in-room massages
- There are very few rooms that offer balconies
- La Valencia opened its doors as an apartment hotel in 1926 during Hollywood's Golden Era
- It was a popular spot for location shots and a quick getaway for the stars
- During World War II, the hotel's tower was used to scan the skies and seas for enemy planes and ships
Frog Family Tips
- Make sure to spend some time perusing the rotating works of art and its permanent collection
- Head over to watch the sea lions sunbathing and playing on Children's Beach
- Consider upgrading from the standard room; ocean view rooms are particularly nice
- Families, adults and couples looking for elegant, upscale accommodations in La Jolla
*The views and opinions expressed here are those of Undercover Tourist.
La Valencia Hotel Information
- La Valencia Hotel is a charming, 1926 Spanish-style hotel, known for its pink exterior. The classic hotel is only a 4-minute walk from La Jolla Cove Beach! Guests can enjoy a terrace bistro, live music, lounges and more, and can relax in the comfort of luxurious and classic guest rooms. Many of the suites and villas offer private patios and balconies that offer gorgeous views of the surrounding area.
La Valencia Hotel AmenitiesGeneral Resort Info:
- Check In/Check Out - 4:00 p.m./12:00 p.m.
- 114 guest rooms and suites
- 11 floors in main building
- Accessible rooms available
- Non-smoking property
- Buildings offer elevators and interior corridors
- Pets under 75lbs allowed (pet fee applies)
- Keurig Coffee Maker
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Individual climate control
- Cable TV
- Complimentary toiletries
Dining at La Valencia Hotel:
- 2 Table service restaurants - The Med, Cafe la Rue
- Pool Bar - Poolside Bar
- Lounges - La Sala, Cafe la Rue
- Room service - 24/7
Recreation at La Valencia Hotel:
- Heated pool
- Fitness center
- Valet and self parking (fee)
- Concierge services
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Business center
- Complimentary shoe shine
- Complimentary daily newspaper
Is our information missing or incorrect? Let us know!
We're checking the availability and pricing...
La Valencia Hotel
1132 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037