Frog TOURS (Family)
If you are like us and will be traveling with little ones, we suggest navigating the theme parks by land or area and experiencing the most popular attractions with the shortest durations when crowds are lowest. When the park is relatively empty, you don't want to find yourself watching a 30-minute show!
Make sure to take advantage of FastPass+, a new reservation system that allows guests to book a set number of attractions and entertainment options per day up to 60 days in advance of their trips. You'll find more information about FastPass+ - including how to make or modify reservations via the park kiosks - on our How to Use FastPass+ post.
For the lowest wait times:
- Plan which day and park to visit using our crowd calendar.
- Arrive at the theme park before the official opening.
- Ride the most popular attractions with the shortest durations first. (Download our wait-times apps before you leave home.)
- Save FastPass+ reservations for afternoons or evenings (or your second park of the day if you are using Park Hoppers).
FastPass+ Attractions & Entertainment Options and Kiosk Locations by Park:
Magic Kingdom® Park This is by far Disney World's most-visited park, with many of Disney's beloved classic attractions such as Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Peter Pan's Flight. Because it has more than double the attractions of the other theme parks, it is much harder to experience in one day. And with waits as high for the character meet-and-greets as for the main attractions, setting your priorities at the outset and being smart with your FastPass+ selections is a must.
We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes ahead of park opening and planning at least two days to fully experience this park. Magic Kingdom® Park has an official opening ceremony featuring Mickey, Minnie and the gang 15 minutes before park opening that lasts approximately 10 minutes. After that, you'll be ushered into the park and ready to experience the Disney magic. The park is set up as a wheel with the spokes separating the lands. Cinderella Castle forms the center. We suggest experiencing your chosen attractions in each land before moving on to the next. If you start your day at park opening, you will have a few hours with very low wait times. Save your FastPass+ experiences for the afternoon and early evening hours when crowds are at their highest. For parents with smaller children, we recommend taking a break in the afternoon and then coming back in the evening for the parade and fireworks.
Magic Kingdom® Park FastPass+ priority attractions and entertainment
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Enchanted Tales With Belle
- Space Mountain®
- Splash Mountain®
- Ariel's Grotto
- Princess Fairytale Hall - Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Princess Fairytale Hall - Cinderella and a Visiting Princess
- Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid
- The Barnstormer
- "it's a small world"
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Wishes nighttime spectacular
Suggested Magic Kingdom® Park touring plan by land:
1st: New Fantasyland - Enchanted Forest
- Busiest - Enchanted Tales With Belle, Ariel's Grotto
- Medium - Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid
2nd: New Fantasyland - Storybook Circus
- Busiest - Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Barnstormer
- Medium - Pete's Silly Side Show - Minnie and Daisy, Pete's Silly Side Show - Goofy and Donald
- Least Busy - Walt Disney World Railroad
- Busiest - Peter Pan's Flight, Princess Fairytale Hall - Rapunzel
- Medium - Princess Fairytale Hall - Cinderella, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, "it's a small world"
- Least Busy - Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, , Mad Tea Party, Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Other - Dream-Along With Mickey
- Busiest - Space Mountain®
- Medium - Tomorrowland Speedway, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Least Busy - Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, Stitch's Great Escape!™, Tomorrowland® Transit Authority, Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Busiest - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad , Splash Mountain®
- Least Busy - Country Bear Jamboree, Walt Disney World Railroad
- Other - Tom Sawyer Island
- Busiest - Jungle Cruise
- Medium - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Least Busy - The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Other - Swiss Family Treehouse
7th: Liberty Square
8th: Main Street U.S.A.
- Medium - Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Least Busy - Main Street Vehicles, Walt Disney World Railroad
Epcot® Although originally envisioned by Walt as the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, Epcot® today is home to two sprawling areas - Future World and World Showcase. While Future World is focused on technology and innovation, World Showcase explores the taste, sights and sounds of many of the world's cultures. Arguably the most educational of the Disney World parks, Epcot® offers a few "thrill rides" and many more experiences to savor and explore. Indeed, World Showcase is probably best known for the international dishes, desserts and drinks to be had in the 11 countries represented. For these reasons, and its sheer size - almost double the size of Magic Kingdom - Epcot® is best experienced over a couple of days.
There are two entrances to Epcot. The main entrance is positioned in front of Spaceship Earth, the iconic silver sphere inside Future World. A second entrance at International Gateway allows guests staying at the connecting Epcot® deluxe resorts easy access to World Showcase. Although there is no official welcoming show, guests are allowed into the park about 15 minutes before the official opening time. The World Showcase attractions don't officially open until 11 a.m.
With fewer than a dozen attractions in all, the park's two main headliners - Soarin' and Test Track - see exceptionally high waits, making an efficient Epcot® touring plan a necessity. FastPass+ reservations in this park are divided in tiers, with guests allowed to make one selection from the headliners in Tier 1 and two selections from Tier 2. There is one dedicated indoor meet-and-greet location in Epcot® for Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at Character Spot in Future World, and it is the only character greeting that is a FastPass+ selection. The majority of Epcot® characters meet outdoors in the different countries of the world, with the princesses generally seeing the longest waits.
We recommend touring Future World at park opening, starting with Test Track and then Soarin', and then heading to World Showcase in the afternoon. Although there is a single rider entrance at Test Track that allows for much shorter waits, guests in this line will bypass the Test Track pre-show and will not be able to design a custom concept car. Because the pre-show is not included with FastPass+, we would use Soarin' for our Tier 1 FastPass+ selection over Test Track. Those making use of FastPass+ might spend their morning in Future World touring priority attractions, head over to World Showcase at 11 a.m. and then come back to Future World for Tier 2 FastPass+ selections in the afternoon.
Epcot® FastPass+ priority attractions and entertainment
- Soarin'™ (Tier 1)
- Test Track (Tier 1)
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Tier 1)
- Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: Space
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
Suggested Epcot® touring plan by park:
1st: Future World
- Busiest - Test Track, Soarin'™
- Medium - Mission: Space, Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land, Epcot Character Spot
- Least Busy - Ellen's Energy Adventure, Circle of Life, Journey Into Imagination, Captain EO
- Other - Innoventions East, Innoventions West, ImageWorks
2nd: World Showcase
- Medium - Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom
- Other - Reflections of China, The American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada!
Disney's Hollywood Studios™ The dazzling stars of Hollywood's Golden Era shine brightly at this park organized much like a real motion picture studio. Because it is smaller than Disney's other theme parks, it is easier to hop across the park to visit the most in-demand attractions. And that's a good thing because Disney's Hollywood Studios boasts one of the most popular attractions in all of Disney World - Toy Story Midway Mania! It's other two headline attractions - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster ... Starring Aerosmith and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - also see significant wait times, but not as high at Midway Mania! because of their height requirements (and a single rider line at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster). This is the one park you definitely want to get to before opening and/or absolutely make sure to use FastPass+. Disney typically opens the park 15 minutes before the scheduled opening, although this can vary depending on predicted crowds. We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before park opening to be one of the first to ride Toy Story Midway Mania!, then proceed to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.
Most of Disney's Hollywood Studios other attractions and shows run from 25 to 60 minutes, some with fixed times throughout the day. For the best seats, plan to arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of time. Character greeting locations are spread throughout the park, and FastPass+ is not available for any of them. If characters are a priority, we recommend adding them in to the morning mix after the priority attractions. Make sure to check your Times Guide since character greeting times are staggered.
One opportunity your little one may not want to miss is the chance to participate in the Jedi Training Academy, held at fixed times throughout the day. Children ages 4 through 12 will learn from a Jedi Master and see if they have what it takes to defeat Darth Vader. To get your child into one of the 12 slots per show, you'll need to sign up outside the ABC Sound Studio at park opening.
Like Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios has instituted a tier system for its FastPass+ attractions and entertainment. Guests can make one selection from the Tier 1, or headliner attractions, and two selections from Tier 2.
Disney's Hollywood Studios™ Park FastPass+ priority attractions and entertainment
- Toy Story Mania (Tier 1)
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster ... Starring Aerosmith (Tier 1)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
- The Great Movie Ride
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Suggested Disney's Hollywood Studios™ touring plan by land:
1st: Pixar Place
- Busiest - Toy Story Mania
2nd: Sunset Boulevard
- Busiest - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
- Least Busy - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
- Other - Fantasmic!
3rd: Animation Courtyard
- Medium - Voyage of The Little Mermaid
- Least Busy - The Magic of Disney Animation
- Other - Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
4th: Echo Lake
5th: Streets of America
- Medium - Muppet Vision 3-D, Studio Backlot Tour
- Other - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set, Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show
6th: Mickey Avenue
7th: Hollywood Boulevard
- Medium - The Great Movie Ride
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Physically the largest of the Disney World theme parks, Disney's Animal Kingdom is nestled in a lush, jungle-like setting. More than 250 species of animals make their home in this theme park, and the animal exhibits provide plenty of opportunities to stop and linger.
Disney's Animal Kingdom has the shortest operating hours of any of the theme parks and closes around dark. With the fewest attractions of the Disney World theme parks, it is possible to experience Disney's Animal Kingdom in one day. Guests will find the shortest wait times by arriving ahead of official park opening and in the last few hours before the park closes.
Much like Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom is set up in a spoke and hub formation, with the majestic Tree of Life at the center. We recommend visiting the attractions in each land before moving on to the next.
With Camp Minnie-Mickey closed to make way for the construction of an AVATAR-inspired land in 2016, most of the character greeting spots have been dispersed through the park. Mickey and Minnie have a dedicated greeting location at Adventurer's Outpost and waits can get quite long for them. If this is a priority, we recommend making it a first stop or using it as a FastPass+ selection.
Disney's Animal Kingdom® FastPass+ priority attractions and entertainment
- Meet Mickey and Minnie at Adventurer's Outpost
- Kali River Rapids®
- Expedition Everest
- Kilimanjaro Safaris®
- Primeval Whirl!
Disney's Animal Kingdom® touring plan by land:
- Busiest - Expedition Everest
- Medium - Kali River Rapids®
- Least Busy - Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Other - Flights of Wonder
3rd: Dinoland U.S.A®
- Busiest - Primeval Whirl!, DINOSAUR
- Least Busy - The Boneyard®, Fossil Fun Games, TriceraTop Spin
- Other - Finding Nemo - The Musical
4th: Discovery Island
- Busiest - Meet Mickey and Minnie at Adventurer's Outpost
- Least Busy - It's Tough to be a Bug!®, Discovery Island™ Trails
5th: Rafiki's Planet Watch
- Least Busy - The Oasis Exhibits
- Leap's Crowd Calendar
Expected crowds, park hours & more
- When to Visit
Special events, packing & seasonal travel
- Which Ticket
Choosing the best ticket, Orlando attractions
- Where to Stay
On or off-site considerations, reservations
- How to Get Here
Air travel, car rental, driving info
- What to Eat
Restaurants, menus, character dining, ADRs
- On Vacation
Skip the Lines, family travel, park tips
- What to Do
Frog TOURS, rides, shows & parades
- Moving Around
Parking, resort transportation, directions
- After Your Trip
Fun stuff, keep in touch, videos