Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- While most of us have been sleeping, the hard-core Disney fans have already started their 24 hour day at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Check out the pics of the original announcement of the 24-hour event, which featured 140 characters -- Disney characters, that is!
- Those of you who want to live vicariously through today's park guests can watch the live cam from Town Square at Magic Kingdom. So now you know what I'll be doing all day.
- Jimmy Fallon will be bringing The Tonight Show to Universal Orlando on June 16-19. While tickets are already sold out, there will be giveaways.
- LEGOLAND Florida's newest area for toddlers, Duplo Valley, opens today.
- Disney Cruise Line is returning to Galveston, Hawaii and the West Coast in 2015. I do think it's time to start lobbying Leap about next year's vacation!
- For those of you who've wanted to try the Kitchen Sink but haven't made it over to Beaches and Cream at Disney's Beach Club Resort, you can now have it -- albeit slightly smaller than the original -- at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and the Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom. It even comes in a souvenir Mickey sink!
- Disney on Ice will bring "Frozen" to life starting Sept. 5-7 in Orlando before making its way to more than two dozen cities around the U.S.
- A Patagonia Marketplace -- showcasing the cuisine of Chile and Argentina -- will debut at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this fall with a sustainable roasted Verlasso salmon, quinoa salad and arugula chimichurri.
- Darth Vader will have to battle Yoda for your taste buds at this year's Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The Yoda cupcake has a hazelnut buttercream frosting with chocolate toffee. Which will you choose?
- "Maleficient" merchandise is starting to make its way to the Disney parks. I think this headband, whose horns glow, is going to look quite spectacular on me. Mwaahaha!
- Tinker Bell has moved to Town Square Theatre from her Magical Nook in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.