It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- SeaWorld Orlando has debuted another Behind the Freeze video - this time focusing on the different types of penguins that will make their home at Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin when the attraction debuts this spring. As excited as Tad was about TurtleTrek, he is doubly excited about Antarctica.
- Speaking of excitement, the rumors have been swirling forever it seems over all of the construction going on at Universal Orlando, and we may soon have an answer as the resort is set to make a major announcement Nov. 1.
- In more Universal Orlando news, Undercover Tourist has unveiled a couple of new ticket options: the Universal 2 Day Base Ticket - plus extra day free and the Universal 2 Day Park-to-Park Ticket - plus extra day free. Yay for savings -- and more choices!
- One final note about choice, so many of you have found us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest (especially now that we're having our first-ever Pinterest giveaway), so I wanted to let you know that we've also been spending time on Google+ too, and we'd love to connect with you there! ... OK, enough about us.
- Disney is getting closer and closer to opening Splitsville, a mega bowling alley on Downtown Disney's West Side, and this week we got a look at the eats -- an array of sushi rolls and appetizer-sized filet sliders. This might just be what it takes to finally persuade Mommy Frog to try bowling! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
- I'm also looking forward to kicking back with a frozen Kirin draft beer on a hot day at Epcot. The only place you can find it in the continental U.S. is the Japan Pavilion, making this a very rare treat.
- Those who make it to "Star Wars" Miniland, set to debut November 9 at LEGOLAND Florida, are also going to be in for a treat. Did you know that more than one and a half million LEGO bricks have made their way to the theme park for the mini land?
- We have another week until the "Wreck-It Ralph" opening, but starting Oct. 28, you can catch Ralph at The Magic of Disney Animation attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Until then, you can read the recap from the Downtown Disney meetup last weekend.
- Over at Animal Kingdom, the plains zebras have made their first appearance at Kilimanjaro Safaris.
- Finally, it wouldn't be a weekly recap without some mention of Fantasyland, and this week I offer this photo snapped of Beast outside his castle.
That's all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!