Shhh. Don't tell my parents, but one of the reasons I love vacations so much is because it is our chance to spend more time together as a family. I don't say that very often, but it's true. Somehow when we're having fun and bonding at the theme parks I forget about all of those times Mommy Frog makes me clean my room or pesters me about finishing my homework. In fact one of the most fun times we've had together as a family recently was our day at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. The park has some amazing thrill and family rides plus a ton of animal encounters that are included with the cost of admission.
What made it even better this last time, though, was that we booked the Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari Experience. For just a little bit more money, you can have a once-in-a-lifetime experience viewing rhinos, zebras, antelopes and other animals up close plus you can hand-feed the giraffes!
On the 45-minute tour, it's just you and a handful of other guests riding along the safari in the back of a Jeep. While you can see parts of the 65-acre Serengeti Safari from the Skyride, Serengeti Railroad and Edge of Africa, there is nothing cooler than experiencing the safari up close in the open air! We had such a great time exploring the Serengeti, and you will too. Here are more reasons why we loved Busch Gardens' Serengeti Safari Experience.
1. Prime views. No other experience brings you so close to the animals.
2. The animals roam free, so each encounter is unique.
3. Knowledgeable guides answer questions and tell you more about each of the animals you encounter.
4. Away from the buzz of the theme park, you almost believe you're on the real Serengeti Plain.
5. You learn about the animals.
6. You see friendly companions.
7. You meet some big, or rather tall, personalities.
8. You get to hand-feed the giraffes!
9. Fun giraffe photobombs!
10. Small groups mean everyone has great views and everyone gets a turn with the giraffes.
11. At less than $21 per person, it's affordable fun. Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari
Experience is subject to availability, and we do recommend you purchase your tickets in advance. Regular park admission is required and is not included in the Serengeti Safari Experience. The safari is available for participants ages 5 and up.
Have questions about the Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari Experience? Have you been on the experience? What did you love most about the tour? Share in comments below!
Tags: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Your handheld guide and planning tool for all of the Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando parks.Learn More
Our step-by-step guides will save you up to 4 hours a day.
Learn how to Skip the Lines with the Frog Family Guide to FastPass+. Print it before you go!FastPass+ Guide (PDF)
Undercover Tourist is the leading supplier of online discount tickets to Orlando, Florida-area attractions, including Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando® Resort, SeaWorld® Orlando Resort, LEGOLAND® Florida and more.
In order to save your favorite items, you'll need to create an account.
Already have one? Sign in.