Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- A Celebration of Harry Potter will return to Universal Orlando on Jan. 27-29. The celebration will include question and answer sessions with talent from the films, special panels and demonstrations, and interactive experiences. Attendees typically share their Potter love by dressing up as favorite characters while they experience the events as well as the Wizarding Worlds. With the recent release of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child," the upcoming opening of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" and J.K. Rowling's announcement of three new Harry Potter eBooks, there is sure to be even more magic at the 2017 celebration. Expect more details soon!
- The full lineup for Halloween Horror Nights 26 at Universal Orlando has finally been revealed. FX's American Horror Story will be among the houses at this year's event. Universal also announced a brand-new virtual reality experience called "The Repository" that will offer guests a next-level, immersive scare experience for an additional $49. We've got all the gory details on our comprehensive guide.
- Disney has revealed some of the new experiences coming to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this fall. The whole family can get involved in making a dish in Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef at Disney's Contemporary Resort. There will also be workshops on making sushi and pasta, plus wine pairing and cocktail crafting!
- Those of you set to run (or hop!) in the Super Heroes Half Marathon races at Disneyland this November are in for a spectacular treat. The Disney Parks Blog has provided a sneak peek of all the race medals, including the Captain America 5k metal medal in the shape of a shield! Those of you running the Doctor Strange 10K and the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon have a chance to earn the spectacular Infinity Gauntlet Challenge medal.
- Planet Hollywood is set to reopen at Disney Springs this fall after a major makeover, and Guy Fieri will be revamping the menu. Some of his over-the-top creations will include the Prime Time American Kobe-Inspired Burger and the Turkey Pic-a-nic Sandwich.
- LEGOLAND Florida has provided a sneak peek inside the new beach-themed bungalows set to open at its LEGOLAND Beach Retreat in mid-2017. The bright and colorful, beachy rooms are the perfect place to kick back and kick off a LEGO vacation.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our Orlando Planning Guide.