Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Lace up your skates, because we have the first look at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post & Frozen Funland that is home to a full-size ice skating rink inside Disney's Hollywood Studios! It's all part of the "Frozen" summer fun, which includes a royal processional with Elsa and Anna, a "Frozen" singalong, icy cool fireworks and the "Coolest Summer Ever" dance party, set to begin July 5.
- In honor of the celebration, Disney will debut its first-ever "Frozen" MagicBands, which will be available for purchase only at Disney's Hollywood Studios and will retail for $19.95 plus tax. The "Frozen" MagicBands will feature pre-printed images of Elsa, Anna and Olaf. While the festivities run through Sept. 1, the "Frozen" MagicBands are open edition, meaning they will be available for purchase as long as they remain popular with guests!
- We hope you have plans to enjoy this 4th of July with some fireworks, friends and family. If you are at the Walt Disney World Resort, make sure to check out all of the holiday festivities. And if you're as mesmerized by this fantastic Mickey 4th of July photo as Leap and I were, you should check out this Disney Parks Blog post on how two creative cast members were able to create it.
- SeaWorld Orlando will cap off the 4th of July with patriotic-inspired tunes from 25 singers, a nine-piece band and fireworks, of course!
- Looking for patriotic food inspiration? Here are the Top 10 All-American eats at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- At last, soft openings have begun for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley! The hours are limited, and not everything is guaranteed to be open all the time during the technical rehearsal ahead of the July 8 official opening.
- The Disney Channel's Bridgit Mendler is set to take the stage this Saturday during Busch Gardens Tampa Bay's Summer Nights event. Every Saturday night through Aug. 16 you can catch some amazing acts, along with a fireworks finale to your day at Busch Gardens.
- The Downtown Disney District in Disneyland is expanding its World Cup coverage. You can catch the semi-finals, third place and finals matches on July 8, 9, 12 and 13 on a jumbo 10-by-16-foot outdoor LED screen in the Downtown Disney District common area, between ESPN Zone and Earl of Sandwich.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.