This week's Frog Family roundup of Disney World and Orlando theme park tidbits comes a little early because of the Thanksgiving holiday. While Mommy Frog hits the Internet for a bit of shopping on Friday, I am hoping to relax in front of the television with Tad and Lily and some leftover apple pie. We will be offering a special savings on tickets Friday, so make sure you visit the site!
As always, drop us a line in comments below if you have something to share.
This week's highlights:
- Are dragons coming to Magic Kingdom, new Fantasyland to be exact? This is probably the question of the week, since Disney has unveiled more clues in its quest to "find dragons" at the theme park. The folks at Inside the Magic suspect this all relates to a flying dragon Walt Disney imagineers tested at an air field back in June. Check out the tumblr blog dedicated to "unraveling the mystery" and let us know what you think.
- Alongside the fabled dragons, Disney has revealed its interactive new Fantasyland website. With an original score and fly-through animation, it's worth checking out. See if you can break the curse!
- As mentioned previously, this week was the beginning of new Fantasyland previews for all park guests. Liliane Opsomer of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World With Kids" recently gave us a review of Enchanted Tales with Belle and Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid, which are not to be missed while you're touring the parks!
- Even Beast was on hand for the Be Our Guest Meet-up held last weekend, which included personal tours of the West Wing and Rose Gallery by Disney imagineers.
- Dad's Guide to Walt Disney World answers the burning question of every parent with a young daughter heading to Magic Kingdom: What should you do first, ride Dumbo or meet Rapunzel? If we leave it to Lily, the answer is always Rapunzel.
- SeaWorld Orlando gave us another glimpse behind the scenes at the making of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin.
- Speaking of SeaWorld, Imagination Movers and Choo-Choo Soul are among the performers announced for this year's Just for Kids event, held Saturdays Jan. 12-Feb. 2.
- Just in time for the holidays, the highly anticipated "Epic Mickey 2: the Power of Two" has been released.
- LEGOLAND Florida is making Saturdays and Sundays in December extra Bricktacular with its Christmas event, which will include a Lego Santa Scavenger Hunt. The park entrance will be decorated with a 30-foot-tall Christmas tree made of 270,000 Lego and Duplo blocks.
- If you're hoping to catch Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios between Dec. 22 and Jan. 5, Disney has unveiled a tasty way to snag seats. They've introduced Taste of Hollywood To Go boxed meals that can be purchased in advance, along with reserved seats for the show.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and don't forget to check back on Friday morning for a special savings on tickets!