Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Disney Junior star Vampirina is making her debut at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland this weekend. At Disney World, you can catch her at the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, one of our favorite highlights from Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Over on the West Coast, she is meeting at Disney California Adventure and appearing in the “Frightfully Fun Parade” during Mickey’s Halloween Party. Lily is hopping with happiness!
- Disneyland Resort is serving up changes to its hotel dining locations. Disneyland Hotel's Tangaroa Terrace will re-open in 2019 as a ‘50s-era, tiki-themed Tropical Bar and Grill. Over at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, White Water Snacks will get a new look later this year, while a new poolside bar will greet guests in 2019.
- With less than a week to go (!!!) until Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort, the event already has us screaming ... with excitement! Universal released a first look at the Stranger Things haunted house, which will transport you straight to the town of Hawkins. Are you ready to visit the Upside Down?
- We're right in the middle of Bier Fest at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay with the event coming to a close next Sunday, Sept. 16. Bier Fest pays a modern tribute to the traditional German Oktoberfest with craft beers and bites. Totally worth checking out, especially for grown-up frogs!
- Christian music festival Rock the Universe returns to Universal Studios Florida this weekend with Casting Crowns headlining Saturday night. The two-night event kicks off tonight at 4 p.m. with TobyMac, Jesus Culture and more.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.