Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Heading to a Disney Park soon? Disney has released new policy changes surrounding loose ice, strollers, wagons and smoking at the Orlando and Anaheim theme parks, which will go into effect May 1. Notably, all Disney Parks will become smoke-free; designated smoking areas will be available outside of the parks and resort hotels. Frog Families: Note that acceptable stroller sizes have changed, and that stroller wagons will no longer be permitted. We've updated our stroller guides for Disney World and Disneyland to reflect the changes!
- Hoppy days! Sesame Street is officially open at SeaWorld Orlando! The new land includes six colorful, themed rides: Abby’s Flower Tower, Cookie Drop!, Slimey’s Slider, Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl, Elmo’s Choo Choo Train and Super Grover’s Box Car Derby. Tadpoles can also meet their favorite "Sesame Street" characters, catch the award-winning parade and take a splash in the Rubber Duckie Water Works wet play area. We frogs will be there this weekend to check it out. Lily is leaping with excitement!
- In even more toadally awesome news (aka even more rides for us to try out!) "Lego Movie World" is now open at LEGOLAND Florida! The area includes new rides Unikity Disco Drop, Masters of Flight and Battle of Bricksburg.
- Life ... finds a way. We were hyped to hear that Jurassic World: The Ride will debut this summer at Universal Studios Hollywood! The beloved water flume ride, which closed in September 2018, has been refurbished to include new special effects and dinos from the latest installations of the "Jurassic World" movie series. (We hope they're herbivores!)
- Psst ... can I let you in on a secret? Dole Whip Mimosas are coming to Disney Springs! Wine Bar George is releasing its new "Wine Country Brunch" on March 30, which includes this gem, made with moscato, Dole Whip and prosecco. There's also a frozen version, Dole Whip Froscato, made with moscato, vodka, and pineapple, which you can grab from Wine Bar George's counter-service area, The Basket. The Dole Whip Froscato is only available while supplies last, so let's keep this between us, shall we?
- Disney World has announced new Disney After Hours dates at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in May and June! Event-goers will get to enjoy a select park three hours after regular park hours, with limited attendance, which means shorter wait times for your favorite attractions and character meet-and-greets. The separately ticketed event also allows you early entry into the park, beginning at 7 p.m., as well as ice cream, popcorn and select beverages. (Not to mention, a break from the Orlando sun!) Sign us up!
- Who's ready to head back to Hawkins (or maybe the Upside Down)? The fan-favorite "Stranger Things" maze will return to Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort. This year's mazes will pick up where last year's left off, incorporating elements from Seasons 2 and 3 of the popular Netflix show. Ready to get a hop on your HHN planning? Check out our Orlando and Hollywood guides.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.