Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Are you ready to take a ride to Flavortown?! Guy Fieri is joining the line-up of celebrity chefs at Disney Springs with his own restaurant. Partnering with Robert Earl of Planet Hollywood, Fieri is opening Chicken Guy! in August, focusing on all natural chicken and delicious sauce. We cannot freakin' wait!
- Calling all Walt Disney World annual passholders! This week, Disney announced new V.I.Passholder Events, offering APs the chance to exclusively explore the parks after hours. The events kick off on August 5 between 10 p.m. and 12 a.m. at Magic Kingdom. With registration required, the limited capacity should result in short lines and lots of fun!
- Imagine if the bright lights and cotton candy scents of yesteryears' carnival glory days were struck with sinister decay ... Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces is the newest house added to the Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights line-up, and presents the threat of gruesome carnie revenge to all who invade the fun.
- If you've been splashin' along with our Instagram stories this week, you'll know that we spent a day at Discovery Cove Orlando. We swam with dolphins, explored underwater, enjoyed a cabana and even got massages! You can read all about our experience (and more!) in our post, and get your discounted Discovery Cove tickets.
- Last but not least! Lily and I were leaping for joy when the Disney Parks Blog shared some fun facts about Frozen: Live at the Hyperion at Disneyland this week. We love this show. Any guesses on how many ice crystals are in Elsa's chandelier? We loved learning new facts about one of our favorite shows.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.