It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- Mommy Frog gets very excited this time of year as more and more delicious details about the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival come out. This week did not disappoint, as she got more details about new dishes coming this fall -- plus she has a new recipe to try out at home -- Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon and Broccoli Rabe from Australia.
- The Walt Disney World Resort is pulling the plug -- for at least four months -- on most of the refrigerators in guest rooms at its resorts due to a possible defect. There will be a limited number of refrigerators available by request. Having a mini-fridge in a hotel room can be very helpful, and for some families, it's a necessity, but for us personally, it's not the end of the world. When we stay on property, Mommy Frog usually packs some food for us, especially breakfast items and snacks, but they usually don't need refrigeration. We want to know what you think, is it a minor inconvenience or a bigger deal and why? Share in comments in below.
It's still July, but those of you planning trips to Disney World around the holidays will be happy to know that dining packages for Epcot's Candlelight Processional have gone on sale. Booking a dining package guarantees you a seat for the processional as well as VIP seating for Illuminations, which makes it a pretty good deal in our estimation.
- And just in time for these sweltering months, Orlando Informer has put together a list of the Top 5 Universal Orlando attraction queues for beating the heat. Revenge of the Mummy gets our vote!
Starting this month with Disney's All-Star Resorts, RFID refillable mugs are rolling out to the resorts. The mugs can be programmed for multiple days, ensuring you never go parched during your hotel stay.
A 245-pound sea turtle by the name of Big Mama is now calling SeaWorld Orlando home. The female loggerhead turtle was first rescued after the BP Oil spill and had been receiving care at the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies.
Our friends over at the Disney Tourist Blog put together an exhaustive post on everything you could possibly need to know about Blizzard Beach -- and even managed to include a childhood story about Summit Plummet (in a word, SCARY)!
- Over at Aquatica, two African spurred tortoises have taken up residence at one of the animal exhibits, and the waterpark is looking for some help naming the female tortoise, who likes to sleep in unless breakfast is already on the table. Sounds like someone we know around the Frog household!
While much has been made of Starbucks moving into the Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom, Disney Food Blog is digging into the brownies -- and providing a tantalizing review.
- Finally, for all of you Disney fanatics, the first trailer of Tom Hanks as Walt Disney has been released. "Saving Mr. Banks" comes to theaters in December.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!