Mobile ordering debuted at Walt Disney World Resort in 2017 and has expanded to the majority of locations as a way to skip the lines and satisfy your hunger ASAP. Locations that offer mobile ordering will have separate stations just for those with mobile orders so you can grab your food quickly. With so much to do on a Disney trip, it can be great to maximize your time by mobile ordering. That means you'll want to have a basic understanding of how mobile order works before your trip — that's why we're here!
Using the My Disney Experience app, you can order food at most quick-service locations inside the parks and a few restaurants at the resort hotels and Disney Springs. Mobile ordering is only available for same-day ordering, but you can create orders for the entire day in the morning. The app offers detailed menu items, so you can easily see what you want, customize and even filter results. After you place your order online, there's no waiting in line. You just arrive for the fun part ... picking up your food! It's pretty frogtastic!
Mobile ordering has quickly become one of our favorite ways to save time in the parks, and it's oh-so-simple. You can purchase your food at any time and anywhere. If you find yourself needing to make a mobile order, here's what you do!
How to Use Disney World Mobile Ordering
1. In the My Disney Experience app, click the "+" icon at the bottom, or pull up the side menu and click "Mobile Food Orders." If you hit the "+" button, there is an option called "Order Food." If you use the side menu, it will say that you don't have any current mobile orders and offer the option to create a new order.
2. Next, select the restaurant you want to order from and an arrival time window. Disney World mobile ordering is available at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Walt Disney World Resort hotels and select locations at Disney Springs (currently only offered at D-Luxe Burger, Disney's Candy Cauldron and Goofy's Candy Company). You will also need to choose an arrival time window from the available 30-minute slots.
For popular spots, such as Woody's Lunch Box, the sooner you can order, the better, as spots can fill up. View the menu, or use the "Find on Map" and "Get Directions" functions to see how far you are and how to get there from your current location.
3. Build your order. Our favorite part of Disney World mobile ordering is the detailed menu descriptions. This is handy for picky eaters or those with food allergies. We recommend taking a break in a quiet area to place your order carefully. You can search for items based on different categories, including entrees, sides, kids meals, beverages, desserts, plant-based options and allergy-friendly options.
4. Choose a quantity. When Lily wants the same food item as Tad, her older brother, it's easy as pie! We simply change the quantity from one to two.
5. Add sides and/or customize your selection. Maybe you need to choose between apple slices or fries as your side, or maybe you want "no onion" on your burger. After you select your menu item, click "Customize Your Selection" to make any changes you need. If you do have any food allergies, you can make selections from allergy-friendly items. Just be sure to double check with the restaurant upon arrival to make sure your needs were met!
6. Click "Add" and then continue ordering. You can keep adding items for your whole frog squad. Don't froget your drinks, sides and desserts!
7. Click "View My Order." You'll see a summary of your order. If you need to, you can make modifications. There's nothing worse than having to hop back in line or waiting for a second order because you forgot something.
8. Click "Review Order Summary." You'll see information about your arrival time, another list of your items and your payment method. You can insert any promo codes, use a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, Disney Rewards Redemption Card or Apple Pay!
9. Click "Purchase!" You can do mobile ordering as far in advance as you want for the whole day, as long as the restaurant has time windows available (the restaurant doesn't even need to be open at the time you place the order, but you'll only see available windows during its operating hours). If you need to change your arrival time window or cancel the order, you may do so before you hit "I'm Here, Prepare My Order."
Ready to Pick Up Your Disney World Mobile Order?
When you're near the restaurant, hop back on the app, and click "I'm Here, Prepare My Order."
We recommend clicking "I'm here" about five minutes before you actually arrive at the restaurant. That way, you don't have to spend as much time waiting outside the restaurant, especially during peak times. Make sure to turn the app's notifications on, as you'll get a mobile alert when your order is ready! If you need to find your mobile order, navigate to the side menu where you'll click on "Mobile Food Orders" to see your active orders. Once your food is ready, the screen will turn blue with an order number and which pick-up station number you should head to. Cast members may not allow anyone into the mobile order line until their food is ready for pickup, so once you get to the blue screen, you're all set!
Head to the mobile pick-up counter at the restaurant and pick up your food! Show the cast members at the entrance that your food is ready, and they will let you through. The pick-up stations are numbered and can be easily located. A FAQ we receive is, "What happens if I don't pick up my food?" Unfortunately, you pay the price for convenience. If you fail to retrieve your food, you may still be charged.
Easy breezy, right? If you haven't tried it already, Disney World mobile ordering is a must! It makes mealtime so much easier. What do you think about mobile ordering? Tell us in the comments below!
Related: The Ins and Outs of Disney World Dining Reservations