Mobile ordering made its debut at Walt Disney World Resort in 2017 with the opening of Pandora: World of Avatar at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Since then, it's expanded to more and more locations. We've been using mobile ordering to skip long lines and satisfy our frog bellies fast! Using the My Disney Experience app, you can order food at most quick-service locations inside the parks and a few restaurants outside the parks too! The app offers detailed menu items, so you can easily see what you want. After you place your order online, there's no waiting in line. You just arrive for the fun part ... picking up your food! It's pretty frogtastic!
Mobile ordering has quickly become one of our favorite ways to save time in the parks, and it's oh so simple. Here's what you do!
How to Use Disney World Mobile Ordering
1. In the MyDisneyExperience app, under "My Plans," click "Order Food." You'll see a little fork and knife symbol next to a phone icon.
2. Next, select the restaurant you want to order from. Disney World mobile ordering is available at most quick-service restaurants at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. You can also use Disney World mobile ordering from D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs and Spyglass Grill at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Hopefully, Disney World mobile ordering will expand to more hotel and Disney Springs dining locations soon.
3. Once your restaurant is selected, click "Order Food." Want to see how far the restaurant is or how to get there? Be sure to use the "Find on Map" and "Get Directions" features. These are a Disney World mobile ordering time-saver! Note: You will be prompted to arrive between your time of order and closing time for that day, unless otherwise indicated.
4. Build your order. Our favorite part of Disney World mobile ordering are the detailed menu descriptions. This is handy for picky eaters or those with food allergies. We recommend taking a break in a quiet area to place your order carefully. Be sure to scroll all the way down ... you might just run into some secret menu items! You can currently find secret menu items at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café in Magic Kingdom, and D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs. (Spoiler alert, that's what we're doing here!) We won't be surprised to see these hopping up all over the place.
5. Choose a quantity. When Lily wants the same food item as Tad, her older brother, it's easy as pie! We simply change the quantity from one to two.
6. Add sides and/or customize your selection. Maybe you need to choose between apple slices or fries as your side, or maybe you want "no onion" on your burger. After you select your menu item, click "Customize Your Selection" to make any changes you need. If you do have any food allergies, be sure to double check with the restaurant upon arrival to make sure your needs were granted!
7. Click add and then continue ordering. You can keep adding items for your whole Frog Squad. Don't forget your drinks, sides and desserts!
8. Click View My Order. You'll see a summary of your order. If you need to, you can make modifications. There's nothing worse than having to hop back in line because you forgot something.
9. Click Review Order Summary. You'll see information about how to pick up your order, another list of your items and your payment method. You can use a credit card, debit card or the Disney Dining Plan!
9. Click Purchase! You can do mobile ordering as far in advance as you want for the whole day, as long as the restaurant is currently open. Plus, you can order from anywhere! For example, while we're standing in line for Peter Pan's Flight at Magic Kingdom at 2 p.m., we can place our order for D-Luxe Burger to be picked up later in the evening for dinner. As long as you pick up within open hours on the same day, you're good to go!
Ready to Pick Up Your Disney World Mobile Order?
When you're near the restaurant, hop back on the app, and click "I'm here, prepare my order."
You'll get a mobile alert when your order is ready! In the meantime, you can grab a table and rest those frog legs.
Head to the mobile pick-up counter at the restaurant and pick up your food! The pick-up window is usually located off to the side of the normal ordering areas and will always be identified with a sign. Ask a cast member if you're not sure. A FAQ we receive is, "What happens if I don't pick up my food?" Unfortunately, you pay the price for convenience. If you fail to retrieve your food by the end of the day, you will still be charged.
(Side note: we toadally recommend this Bacon & Blue Burger secret menu item. We're drooling just thinking about it.)
Easy breezy, right? If you haven't tried it already, Disney World mobile ordering is a must! It makes mealtime so much easier. What do you think about mobile ordering? Tell us in the comments below!