Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- While we don't even have our stash of Halloween candy just yet, we're already drooling over the Christmas treats to come. Disney World revealed its first holiday-themed foodie guide for Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs! (We checked the list twice and aren't forgetting anything; the foodie guide for the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will be revealed later.) The lineup includes new and returning favorites, such as the Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise aka the famous hot chocolate bomb drink from the Ganachery, plus Thanksgiving dinners. You can find the full list of festive treats and drinks — coal not included! — on Disney Parks Blog.
- On that festive note, holiday decor at Universal Orlando has already started to appear in Seuss Landing and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Garland, tinsel and ornaments now dangle above storefronts and the entrances to the lands. The rest of the festivities, including Grinchmas, Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's and more, begin Nov. 13. And now "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" is stuck in my head!
- It's coming back ... again! Earlier this week, Disneyland teased the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade, just in time for the nighttime parade's 50th anniversary. An official return date was not announced, but it probably won't be too long until we see the glowing floats light up the night once more. Meanwhile, the original inspiration for the parade — the Electrical Water Pageant — celebrated its 50th anniversary this week at Disney World.
- ICYMI: The gate prices have recently risen at Disneyland Resort, but you can still lock in the old prices by purchasing your tickets through your favorite frogs! We're holding our current prices for as long as possible, so now is the best time to hop on our current deals to save up to $48 per ticket before prices go up.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain announced a new coaster, Wonder Woman Flight of Courage, which is set to open in summer 2022. It will be the world's tallest single-track coaster, allowing the ride vehicle to make sharper twists and turns. The coaster will climb 131 feet, plunge down an 87-degree drop and reach a top speed of 58 mph.
- Mickey Mouse has returned to Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom! As one of the new character sighting experiences, guests can now get individualized time with Mickey Mouse and other characters across Disney World. It's not quite time for hugs and autographs just yet, but you can take some extra time to get the perfect selfie. We're so hoppy to see him dancing around, and he looks dazzling in his EARidescent outfit!
- SeaWorld Orlando will welcome back Guy Harvey, a renowned conservationist and artist, for a special weekend event from Nov. 6 to 7, 2021. Guests can have the opportunity to meet Harvey and get an autograph at SeaWorld's Guy Harvey Store during select times on both days. There will also be a special dining experience, "Evening with Guy Harvey Prix Fixe Dinner at Sharks Underwater Grill," for $99 per person, which includes a free Guy Harvey print, a meet and greet before dinner and a presentation by Harvey. During the same weekend, SeaWorld Orlando will also host a Sesame Street Kids' Weekend.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.