Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Hard to believe, but Disneyland Paris will be celebrating 25 years in 2017. Starting next spring, the resort will add some new experiences just for the occasion, including a Disney Illuminations nighttime show featuring Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant and a reimagined Disney Stars on Parade. There will be new meet-and-greets, ride makeovers and a new show called Mickey and the Magician. Maybe I can convince Leap that we need to hop over to Paris for a visit!
- Universal Studios Japan is bringing a whole Minion-themed land to its theme park in 2017!
- LEGOLAND Florida has set the official opening date for Ninjago World on Jan. 12. The new world will include Ninjago The Ride, a meet-and-greet area with Nya, and a fully developed training courtyard for little ninjas to hone their skills.
- Tennis star Serena Williams dropped in on one of her favorite characters, Merida, during a trip to Disney World. The fiery beauty helped the tennis great improve her shooting game!
- Over on the West Coast, Nick and Vanessa Lachay took their family to Disneyland, where their son had his first roller coaster ride.
- The popular Club Villain experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios has been extended past Halloween into December and January.
- Another ride may be coming to I-Drive. An Orlando developer has gotten approval to build a StarFlyer ride near the Orlando Eye.
- In awwww news, one service-dog-in-training is having his 15 minutes of fame after a photo of him getting his caricature drawn at Disneyland was posted to Twitter.
- Last but not least, you'll want to get out your tissues for this sweet Disneyland video proposal for a Sacramento native and Disney devotee.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!