Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Checking in to your Disneyland Resort hotel room is now easier than ever before! As part of the latest update to the Disneyland Resort app, a new digital key feature will unlock your hotel room straight from your phone. Combined with the ease of online check-in, you can simply go straight to your room and save time upon arrival! The digital key also allows you to charge select dining and shopping to your hotel room through the app, as well as access to other hotel areas such as the pools and fitness centers. Currently, the digital key option is available for guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. It will be introduced to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel at a later date.
- You can now spot character cavalcades at Disneyland! Mini parades have recently popped up in both of the parks, surprising guests as they appear randomly throughout the day. At Disneyland Park, catch Anna and Elsa on a snowy, icicle-covered float. You may also spot the Mickey and Friends cavalcade, with a rotating host of characters. It's toadally possible to see a combination of the Fab Five, Chip 'n' Dale, Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook or the Disney princesses. Over at Disney California Adventure Park, a "Toy Story" procession takes place with Woody, Jessie and Sarge in an Army Jeep with oversized toys.
- As "The World's Most Magical Celebration," marking the 50th anniversary of Disney World, gets closer and closer, Disney released a first look at Harmonious, EPCOT's all-new nighttime spectacular. The show tells a story of global connection through three main themes: gather, celebrate and unite. Prepare to take a journey across the globe as Disney characters represent different cultures, including "Moana," "Aladdin," Mulan" and so many more. Harmonius will debut Oct. 1; in the meantime, guests can catch EPCOT Forever each night.
- Masks are mandatory indoors once again at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. All guests ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face covering in all indoor locations, including upon entering and throughout attractions and while using Disney transportation. Masks still remain optional for guests in outdoor common areas.
- We have more foodie news to indulge in! More restaurants are reopening at Disney World over the next few weeks. Starting Aug. 2, you can grab a quick meal at Pizzafari inside Disney's Animal Kingdom. Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and the rooftop restaurant, Toledo — Tapas, Steak & Seafood, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort will reopen Aug. 5. Reservations for both are available now. At Magic Kingdom, Columbia Harbour House will also reopen its doors Aug. 5 with all of your seafood favorites. Yum!
- Rock the Universe will return to Universal Studios Florida in 2022. Florida's biggest Christian music festival will take place Jan. 28 and 29 with two nights of performances by popular Christian artists. The separately ticketed event also features a Sunday morning non-denominational worship service.
- Oink, oink! Peppa Pig Theme Park revealed its six rides, along with other attractions including live shows, playgrounds and water play areas. Based on the popular children's television series, "Peppa Pig," the new theme park is set to open in 2022. It will be a separately ticketed park, only steps away from LEGOLAND Florida.
- Adventure Island celebrated National Water Park Day with the opening of a new tiki bar. Hang Ten Tiki Bar is the water park's first full-service bar, offering signature cocktails, local brews and a regional and international rum selection.
- The Frog Family is now on TikTok! Follow us at @undercovertourist, as we share glimpses of the theme parks in Florida and Southern California. Lots of hopping around? Yes! Dancing? Maybe not so much. Ribbit!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.