Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney's Animal Kingdom is celebrating its 20th anniversary this Sunday, April 22. The nature-centric park welcomes its roaring 20s with a Party for the Planet at Rafiki's Planet Watch, the debut of the brand-new show, UP! A Great Bird Adventure, and the debut of the Pandora Utility Suit. Not in town to join the party? The Disney Parks Blog will be hosting a live stream Sunday at 10:15 a.m. EST.
- This week, we had a chance to check out Disneyland's Pixar Fest! The park is highlighting all things Pixar with a new fireworks show, daytime parade and our favorite — the return of Paint the Night. And it'll take us all summer to get through the amazing selection of movie-themed specialty foods. *Drools*
- Fast & Furious - Supercharged opened this week for technical rehearsals at Universal Orlando Resort. The limited preview has received rave reviews for the attraction's great theming, fun queue and an awesome ride overall. If you're in the park, be sure to stop by and see if you can hop on for a "test drive" before the official opening!
- SeaWorld Orlando is hosting "Just for Kids" weekends May 5, 6, 12 and 13. The event will center around a brand-new Shopkins Live show, and include Elmo Rocks and a Kids Dance Party among SeaWorld's existing kid-friendly shows and activities. Lily can't wait, and the event is included with general admission, so neither can we!
- Universal Studios Hollywood has announced June 15 as the opening date for its all-new Dreamworks Theatre. This will include the debut of new attraction Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor’s Quest, which will take guests on a journey alongside their favorite Kung Fu Panda characters through immersive technology and an original score.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.