The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is the perfect combination of delicious food, beautiful greenery displays and learning experiences. The park blossoms into a beautiful garden of sights, sounds and tastes of the spring season. Epcot Flower and Garden 2020 will run from March 4 through June 1. Guests can take in exquisitely crafted topiaries of Disney characters, a variety of themed gardens and play areas and tantalizing farm-to-table-style dishes at the Outdoor Kitchens. Even if you don't have a green thumb, you will still find plenty to enjoy. While I technically have a green thumb, I must confess I'm not much of a gardener and I still enjoy this festival. Tad and Lily love looking at all the "topies," and Leap enjoys rocking out at the concerts. Best of all, it is included with regular park admission.
Disney just announced the 2020 dates, and we can't wait to see what will bloom this year. Check out our guide for some of last year's highlights, and we'll keep you updated as new details blossom.
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2020 Overview
Move aside, Food and Wine ... Epcot Flower and Garden is one of our favorite festivals of the year! It is included with regular park admission. We love the spring vibes at both Future World and World Showcase. It's a great way to celebrate the season and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Epcot is decked from Mexico to Canada, and from Future World East to West, with lush gardens full of bright flowers perfect for family photo-ops. Character topiaries can be found around every corner, from classic favorites such as "The Lion King" ensemble to a near life-size version of Lightning McQueen from "Cars." Interactive play areas, a butterfly garden and special seasonal art and merchandise will keep you and your tadpoles busy all day! And don't froget our favorite part of any festival ... the food! Epcot Flower and Garden 2020 plates up fresh favorites highlighting seasonal ingredients.
When you enter the park, be sure to pick up the Festival Passport! It includes detailed information about the topiary and garden destinations, concert times and the Outdoor Kitchen menus. It came in handy for planning our day, as well as making sure we didn’t miss out on anything that was new.
Sculpted Topiaries at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2020
I’ve never left the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival without nagging Leap to re-do our landscaping. Inspiration is everywhere! Disney’s expert team of horticulturists work year-round to create beautiful landscapes across the park. Look for the topiaries at the entrance, in Future World and all around World Showcase. Epcot Flower and Garden exhibits its talent with incredible life-size recreations of beloved Disney characters.
A new Remy topiary will be the centerpiece of a Ratatouille Garden at the France pavilion, where the Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction will debut in summer 2020. The Remy topiary will be surrounded by a garden filled with ingredients that make up a ratatouille recipe!
Around World Showcase, you can find more amazing displays (and excellent photo-ops!) including the stylish Miss Piggy, Anna and Elsa, Buzz Lightyear, Tinker Bell, Snow White, Bambi and more. Last year, Mickey and Minnie had two displays — one at Plaza Showcase featuring a picnic and topiary hearts and another at The American Adventure Pavilion. Little Bo Peep and her sheep also made a special appearance for the first time in 2019! She was with Buzz Lightyear and Woody in Future World East.
Stunning in the daylight, the topiaries take on a whole new life as the gardens and sculptures are illuminated at night.
Themed Gardens at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2020
The festival features almost two dozen themed gardens and other displays throughout the park — from the Shakespeare Garden in the United Kingdom pavilion to floating “mini gardens” between Future World and World Showcase.
We also admired the new penguin sculpture in Future World West in 2019. The momma penguin and her baby were created entirely out of plastic trash that had been improperly discarded. The non-profit behind the artwork hopes it inspires people to reduce plastic use and plastic pollution in the ocean and waterways … a message we can toadally support!
While fun and educational for everyone, we really appreciate how these exhibits teach our tadpoles how to create gardens and provide wildlife habitats … if pond life hasn’t taught them enough already!
A festival-favorite, the Goodness Garden Butterfly House is always full of colorful blooms and a flurry of several species of butterfly. Explore the life of a butterfly from its emersion from chrysalis to adulthood and watch as the fully-grown butterflies flutter around the garden from flower to flower. You might even find a butterfly has alighted on you, especially if you’re wearing a flowered dress or shirt. This is the only place where a female will pay attention to Leap when he's wearing his loud floral aloha shirts. (I kid, but not much.)
Interactive Play Areas at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2020
Tadpoles have flower and garden activities especially for them. Every year, there are play gardens that surround your tadpoles with lush natural landscapes and playscapes.
In 2019, there were two new play areas: Play Full Garden in the Imagination Walkway and Bo Peep's Playtime Training Grounds near Test Track. Lily really got a kick out of the big net climber ball in the Play Full Garden!
The scavenger hunt, Spike's Pollen Nation Exploration, keeps the tadpoles on their webbed toes. It costs $6.99 and takes little ones on an "I Spy"-style adventure throughout World Showcase. Once completed, tadpoles return the map to Port of Entry for a surprise reward! This is a low-cost way to keep your tadpoles occupied and receive a cute souvenir as a result. Worth it!
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Menus 2020
I'm an epicurean amphibian. It's fun to see the topiaries and gardens, but my favorite plants are the ones I can eat! While Epcot's Food and Wine Festival is known for its delectable tastes and treats, Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is my favorite place to snack, thanks to its unique, fresh ingredients. The outdoor kitchens are open daily from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
In 2019, there were five new outdoor kitchens:
The Citrus Blossom
- Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon (GF)
- Tuna Tataki with Spicy Yuzu Glaze, Mango, Avocado and Pappadam Crisp
- Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aïoli and Baby Greens (GF) (KA)
- Citrus Shortcake: Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream, Citrus Crumble (V)
- Orange Cream Slushy in a Souvenir Orange Bird Sipper Cup (nonalcoholic) (KA)
- Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Fort Pierce, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Lemon Hefeweizen, Gainesville, FL
- Heavy Seas Brewery TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Halethorpe, MD
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
- Beer Flight
Flavor Full Kitchen hosted by AdventHealth
- Citrus-poached Salmon with Ancient Grain Salad, Roasted Vegetables, Citrus Greens (GF)
- From the Garden: Roasted Beets, Cashew Cheese and Micro Herbs with Lemon-oil Dressing (GF) (V)
- Mickey Tart Peanut Butter Mousse with Strawberry Jam and Boba Pearls (V) (KA)
- Blood Orange Aqua Fresca (nonalcoholic)
- Cookie Butter Worms and Dirt (nonalcoholic) (KA)
Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible Foods
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (GF) (V) (KA)
- Farmhouse Meatball with Lentil Bread, Spinach, Marinated Vegetables, Creamy Herb Dressing (V)
- Chocolate Pudding Terrarium with Avocado Cream, Matcha Crumb, Pomegranate and Baby Herbs (GF) (V)
- suja® Organic Cold Pressed Juice: Noon Greens™ (nonalcoholic)
- suja® Organic Cold Pressed Juice: Vibrant Probiotic (nonalcoholic)
- Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea featuring Twinings of London® (nonalcoholic)
- Playalinda Brewing Company Tropical Wonderland Wheat Ale, Titusville, FL
- Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea featuring Twinings of London® with Tito’s Handmade Vodka served in a Mason Jar
Arbor at The Gardeners Terrace
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil
- Smoked Salmon Stack with Avocados, Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Caviar and Focaccia Crostino
- Mixed Berry Buttermilk Cake, served with Apple Cider Sorbet (V) (GF) (KA)
- Original Sin Brewery Black Widow Hard Cider, New York, NY
- Florida Beer Company Caribé Strawberry Rose Hard Cider, Cape Canaveral, FL
- 3 Daughters Brewing Key Lime Apple Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL
- Karbach Brewing Lemon and Ginger Radler Houston, TX
- Seadog Brewing Company Sunfish Ale, Clearwater, FL
- Shipyard Brewing Company Grind the Rind Watermelon IPA, Portland, ME
- Cider Flight
- Beer Flight
Out of the new kitchen selections, we tried out the Crispy Citrus Chicken from The Citrus Blossom and the Mickey Tart from Flavor Full Kitchen. The chicken was just a small portion, but packed with juicy meat. The tart was my personal favorite!
Festival favorites such as Florida Fresh, Primavera Kitchen and La Isla Fresca returned in 2019 with a delicious selection. Don't forget to stop by Lotus House, where you’ll find a cotton candy artist spinning HUGE Instagram-worthy cotton candy pieces designed like flowers. It’s so fun to watch! Because it’s a non-menu item, just be aware it may not be offered during your specific visit, or even different times throughout the day. When we made a second loop around World Showcase in 2019, the windows were closed, so we were glad to have stopped by earlier.
Many other festival favorites returned in 2019, including the perfect example of Epcot Flower and Garden's fresh and unique eats: FRUSHI! Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream with Raspberry Sauce on the side at Hanami.
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Concerts 2020
It’s not all sunshine and butterflies at Epcot Flower and Garden … there’s music, too! Onstage at the America Pavilion, guests may dance and sing along to classic songs by a wide array of artists. Disney has announced the 2020 lineup, which welcomes Daughtry, Don McLean and others to the Garden Rocks concert series. Check back later as more artists are announced!
- March 4-5 – Peabo Bryson - NEW
- March 6-12 – TBD
- March 13-16 – Simple Plan
- March 17-19 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- March 20-23 – Mark Wills - NEW to Garden Rocks
- March 24-26 – The Spinners
- March 27-28 – Sister Hazel
- March 29-30 – The Pointer Sisters
- March 31 - April 2 – Former Journey Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
- April 3-4 – Blood, Sweat & Tears
- April 5-6 – Exposé
- April 7-9 – Berlin
- April 10-18 – TBD
- April 19-20 – Rick Springfield
- April 21-23 – TBD
- April 24-27 – Plain White T’s
- April 28-30 – Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles
- May 1-2 – Don McLean - NEW
- May 3-4 – TBD
- May 5-7 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett - NEW
- May 8-9 – Thelma Houston - NEW
- May 10-11 – The Allman Betts Band - NEW to Garden Rocks
- May 12-14 – Air Supply
- May 15-18 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- May 19-21 – Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot - NEW to Garden Rocks
- May 22-23 – TBD
- May 24-25 – Daughtry - NEW
- May 26-28 – Marshall Tucker Band
- May 29-30 – TBD
- May 31 - June 1 – Survivor
Performances take place every day of Epcot Flower and Garden Festival at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Be sure to get there at least 30 minutes early because seats can fill up quickly.
If you want to secure a good spot without waiting, dining packages are available. You can reserve a meal at Epcot anytime throughout the day, and come back later to a special seating area at one of the evening shows! We recommend this if you’re big fans and want primetime viewing. Reservations opened up to annual passholders and DVC members on Dec. 18, 2019, and to the general public the following day.
Merchandise at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2020
You may want to pack an extra duffle bag for your merch. Last year, there were too many items to choose from, but I couldn’t leave without the Minnie Mouse Watering Can. I've been using it with the plants at home!
We are huge fans of all Epcot festivals, but we find Flower and Garden has the most gorgeous, fun merch, such as whimsical fairy houses for your garden made from natural and recycled materials.
Epcot Flower and Garden Festival 2020 lets you discover fresh tastes, gorgeous gardens and all the information you need to have a bounteous spring. The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is included with regular park admission. Got questions or comments? Share them below!