Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- As part of Epcot's upcoming transformation, Walt Disney World is bidding farewell to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at the end of summer 2019. Don't worry, a new nighttime spectacular is headed our way shortly thereafter, although no details have been released yet! We're hearing mixed reactions about the departure of the 20-year-old IllumiNations ... are you excited for something new or sad to see it go?
- On top of that, Disney World just announced 19 new experiences coming to the parks in 2019, including the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdom in celebration of Mickey and Minnie. The Incredibles will be taking over Pixar Place at Hollywood Studios, and you'll also be able to meet Mike and Sulley again. The Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party will allow you to groove with Lion King faves at — you guessed it — Animal Kingdom. SO ... MUCH ... FUN ... is headed our way!
- Halloween Horror Nights has opened to rave reviews at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood — and we've tackled all the fun. Click the links to read our first week thoughts on each! (Spoiler alert: The Stranger Things house is all we hoped and dreamed for.)
- Don't call it a comeback! Or do ... because Earl of Sandwich is making a brief return to Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort. No further details have been announced, but sounds like it will be coming back this fall while the Salt & Straw scoop shop debuts as well. We're pretty hoppy with these options.
- As we fully dive in to spooky season, we're hoppy Halloween festivities at SeaWorld Orlando start this weekend. SeaWorld's Spooktacular claims to have more candy than ever before, and there's more good news! Thanks to SeaWorld's efforts to minimize plastic (and protect our fellow marine life), plastic treat bags will no longer be handed out. But check out those cute reusable ones available for purchase!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.