Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Get your wands and wizard robes ready — we're approaching A Celebration of Harry Potter season! The first wave of film talent has been announced for A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018 at Universal Orlando Resort. Actors James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) and Stanislav Yanevski (Viktor Krum) will be in attendance at the celebration. We are hopping for joy! In case you needed a reminder, A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018 takes place Jan. 26-28.
- Holiday season is upon us! Disney announced the celebrity narrators for Epcot's Candlelight Processional including Whoopie Goldberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Warwirck Davis and more. For the complete list of celebrity narrators, check out our guide to Disney World holiday events.
- Have you hopped over to Disney California Adventure to check out Haul-O-Ween in Cars Land? If not, take a look at Tad's video from the event! There are a ton of cool facts to learn about the land. (And you all know, Tad loves learning new Disney facts, especially for his Secret History of Disney Rides.) Take a look at some spooktacular facts! And if you need some tips for navigating Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, hop over to our post on the matter.
- We're leaping out of summer, but that doesn't mean we aren't already looking forward to next season! SeaWorld Orlando announced a new water slide coming to SeaWorld's Aquatica. Ray Rush will take guests on a diving adventure through three different types of slides. You'll truly feel as if you're flying like a manta through the sea!
- In a galaxy far, far away ... actually, just over in Orlando, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is coming back! Get ready to celebrate all-things Star Wars on Dec. 16, including the to-be-released "Star Wars: The Last Jedi." The Star Wars celebration will feature a dance party at Center Stage, a panel discussion, Star Wars-themed food and beverages and tons more. Tad is leaping with excitement as we speak!
- Speaking of Star Wars, the new Star Wars VR experience at Disney Springs, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, will open at Disney Springs on Dec. 16. Tickets are now available at The Void. Check out this sneak peak!
- Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past week, you've probably heard about the destructive Anaheim wildfires. As of Thursday morning, the Anaheim fires have been 60% contained and the evacuation orders lifted. The Northern California wildfires are still raging through the area. Our hearts go out to all those affected. Head over to MiceChat for an update on the fires and pictures of eerie orange sky over the Disneyland Resort.
- Unfortunately, Universal's Cinematic Spectacular nighttime show has closed. We hope you got to catch it last time you were in the park! To cheer you up, Universal announced a new nighttime show is coming in 2018. We can't wait to see it!
- Starting this Sunday, Oct. 15, your furry friends are welcome (for a fee) at select Disney World hotels for the first time ever! Each dog will even receive a special kit at check-in. To see the full list of Disney hotels allowing dogs and more information, head over to the Disney Parks Blog.
- And finally, are you like Tad and are hopping for some updates on Disney's new Star Wars Land? Theme Park Insider posted Jeramie McPeak's photos of Disneyland's entrance to the land! Hopefully, these will hold us over until more updates are released.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend.