Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Details for Taste of EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival have bloomed! With over 20 Outdoor Kitchens, there is no shortage of toadally delicious food and drink to savor — we've got our eyes on the new, picture-perfect Avocado Toast from Sunshine Griddle and Beignet Caramélisé from Fleur de Lys, and of course, returning favorites frushi and violet lemonade (our must-eat list is long!). And guess what? Concerts are back! Each weekend, guests can enjoy a series of concerts featuring local bands from Orlando. A Taste of EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival runs March 3 through July 5, 2021.
- There are some new bites coming to Walt Disney World Resort! At Disney's Animal Kingdom, guests can join a culinary celebration for the release of "Raya and the Last Dragon" with three new sweet treats: Baby Tuk Tuk Mousse (available at Creature Comforts and Isle of Java), Baby Tuk Tuk Ice Cream Sundae (available at Dino-Bite Snacks) and Mighty Mist Soft-Serve (available at Anandapur Ice Cream Truck). "Raya and the Last Dragon" premieres March 5 in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access.
- But wait, there's more food news! (A lot more, actually, so be sure to check it out here.) But here are some highlights: Disney Junior Play 'n Dine is returning to Hollywood & Vine at Disney's Hollywood Studios on March 22 (reservations are available now!). There's even a new menu featuring all-you-care-to-enjoy pancakes, French toast, omelets and more (we wonder which one is Vampirina's favorite — we already know Lily's going to go for a stack of pancakes as tall as she is).
- And, Sangria University has returned to Three Bridges Bar & Grill at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, where guests can sample four different house-made sangrias paired with an appetizer, led by a sangria sommelier ... then, you make your own (and receive your diploma, naturally!).
- There's a new Ranger on safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom! White rhino calf Ranger has officially graduated from backstage to the savanna with his crash (that's a herd of rhinos) — so keep an eye out for him on Kilimanjaro Safaris!
- Recently retired Imagineer Joe Rohde, especially known for his work in Disney's Animal Kingdom, has taken on a new role — with Virgin Galactic, a commercial spacecraft company aimed at space tourism. We're already dreaming up what the new "experience architect" will create!
- Peppa Pig is coming to Florida next year! A Peppa Pig-themed park will open next year as part of Legoland Florida Resort, though it will be a separate gate. The park will include rides, live shows, character interactions, themed play areas and water-play areas with muddy puddles, all themed after the popular British animated TV show for tadpoles on Nick Jr. (Lily is so excited — we hope Peppa is ready for a froggy friend!)
- Even more VelociCoaster construction walls have been removed at Universal's Islands of Adventure, revealing new views of the coaster in action! Guests can step into the paddocks and watch the empty cars glide by. (We are hoppy to volunteer to help test — just sayin'.)
- Remember how we mentioned Disney California Adventure Park had a toadally awesome food festival coming this spring! Well, details have officially been announced ... and they are even more magical than we could have hoped for! At A Touch of Disney, guests will be able to enter Disney California Adventure Park once more to enjoy favorite dining spots and snacks (including Lamplight Lounge), say "cheese" for special photo-ops, and yes, see their favorite characters once again. Hop over to our full post for all of the magical details!
- Likewise, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Disney Vacation Club Villas are set to reopen May 2. Even more hoppy news!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.