Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Tad is beyond ready to get his groove on with his idol StarLord at Guardians of the Galaxy — Awesome Mix Live! this summer at Epcot. This week, Disney announced that this intergalactic concert will touch down at American Gardens Theatre for five showings daily beginning June 9. The classic tunes and fun are sure to spice up our stroll around World Showcase!
- Universal Orlando Resort announced its first original house for Halloween Horror Nights 2018. Dead Exposure: Patient Zero transports you to 80's Paris where vaccination and quarantine are all that stands between you and the undead ... if you can get there before they hunt you down. (EEEEEEEEEEP!)
- Forget the cool parade and amazing, new fireworks show ... the real star of Disneyland's Pixar Fest is the Toy Story alien popcorn bucket. The limited edition collectable snack container has attracted up to three-hour waits. It's super cute but ... can we get a FastPass for that line?!
- SeaWorld does it again! The Orlando park recently rescued hurricane survivor, Irma the Eastern screech owl. Irma was found with a fractured wing, unable to return to the wild after 180-mph winds hit Florida in 2017. Good Samaritans brought her to the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey in Maitland, and she will now have top-notch healthcare and a wonderful home as SeaWorld's latest Animal Ambassador.
- This week, Universal Orlando Resort declared Monday the official, full opening date of Fast & Furious — Supercharged! The adventurous new attraction takes you on a wild party bus ride with the Fast & Furious family. We'll be headed to a fun media event honoring the ride next week, so peek at our Instagram story to keep up!
- Did you know we're now selling Disney World Florida Resident tickets? The best deal in town is the Discover Disney multi-day ticket. For less than $200, you can grab either a 4-day standard ticket or a 3-day Park Hopper. What better way to get back in touch with your Disney roots, or make your first visit and see what all the fuss is about?
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.