Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- "I’m a roller coaster Y'all." This week we learned more about the new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction coming to Epcot. During last week's Epcot 35 Celebration, Melissa Valiquette, Vice President of Epcot, confirmed that the attraction would be a roller coaster. The Guardians of the Galaxy coaster is a replacement for Universe of Energy (RIP). Epcot is currently the only Disney theme park in the world without a coaster.
- We're huge fans of the new additions to Halloween Time at Disneyland. Tops on our list is Haul-O-Ween — check out Tad's video of Radiator Screams. There's more where that came from. The Orange County Register has picked out ten things to do at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure during this frightfully funny time.
- A barbershop quartet singing hip-hop songs! If the Ragtime Gals are not enough of an excuse to visit Universal Studios Florida's newest ride, the Universal Up Close blog has seventeen reasons for you to experience Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- Another spooktacular Disney Photo Pass opportunity has appeared at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Guests can step into the role of the timid Haunted Mansion Caretaker, complete with lantern. Get ready for your photo opp by clicking here for discount Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets.
- If you're visiting Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, it helps to have a plan — as well as a designated driver. The Orlando Sentinel has posted a delicious plan for sampling delightful dishes and beautiful beverages. The Festival runs through Nov. 13.
- Brick-Or-Treat! Smell my blocks. Or something like that. Brick-or-Treat at LEGOLAND California Resort has returned for more Halloween fun. This special-ticket night features a LEGO pumpkin patch, the Ghost Cruise adventure, and special LEGO friend meet and greets.
- Care to sample craft beer, wine and snacks while visiting Disney's Hollywood Studios? BaseLine Tap House has opened to positive reviews. We love the decor and subtle nods to Disney's past.
- D23 — Disney's official fan club — has unveiled plenty of reasons for you to rack up those frequent flyer miles next year. The 2018 D23 special events will feature an in-park event to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney's Animal Kingdom, as well as exclusive peeks into Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure. We can hook you up with sweet hotels if need a place to crash during these events.
- Theme Park Insider asked the age-old question — when is my child old enough to visit Disney World? Personally, we like bringing the tadpoles at an early age — Tad's first visit was at 15 months. Yes, that's more a visit for our memories than his.
- And finally, we'll wrap up by answering a popular question about Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. We get questions from parents wondering how scary the park is during the day. Click on Tad's video above to see what it's like during the day — as well as during the event. If you're not scared off, hop over here for discount Halloween Horror Nights tickets.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend.