Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Hoppy Halloween, frog friends! It's officially Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort. Earlier in the week, the Mickey Pumpkin arrived on Main Street, and we got a first look at all of the frightfully fun food and drink that will be offered this season. If you're visiting from now until Oct. 31, check out our 1-Day Park Hopper Halloween Time park plan, so you can maximize your time and experience all of the Halloween festivities!
- Over on the opposite coast, Halloween Horror Nights begins its reign of terror at Universal Orlando Resort. Universal also released its full HHN food and drink menu earlier in the week (maggot corn dog, anyone?). Hop along with us and our Froggy Friends on Instagram stories today, as we check out both Halloween Time at Disneyland AND Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando!
- After months of refurbishment, Revenge of the Mummy has reopened for technical rehearsals at Universal Studios Florida. During this time, the ride may be open on a limited, unscheduled basis. An official return date has yet to be announced, but we hope it's real soon!
- Disney recently gave a sneak peek at the Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, an upcoming attraction at EPCOT. Disney Imagineers have been hard at work sculpting the rocks in the immersive exploration trail. The rock formation designs include Moana's iconic spiral and a foam maquette of Moana herself.
- Lucas, a penguin at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, had been suffering from bumblefoot, an infection that can cause some animals' feet to swell or develop lesions. But now, he has some happy feet! He recently got a special pair of customized orthopedic boots, and is able to easily socialize with his penguin friends once again. Go on and waddle in style, my friend!
- runDisney revealed '90s retro-themed medals for the 2023 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. The medals commemorate 30 years of runDisney and feature some of your favorite Disney characters — including Pluto on the 5K medal, Chip 'n' Dale on the 10K medal, Donald and Daisy on the Half-Marathon medal and Mickey and Minnie on the Marathon medal. Plus for those going the extra mile and then some, Goofy and Dopey prominently star on the Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge medals.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.