Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Disney's Hollywood Studios is turning 30 this year — on May 1 actually — but Disney has unveiled a new logo to mark the occasion. Mickey and Minnie, who are central to the Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway ride coming to the park later this year, figure prominently in the new logo that also includes a 30! Happy early birthday, Hollywood Studios!
- One of the most popular items at Disneyland Resort has popped up at Walt Disney World — literally. The Sulley Premium Popcorn Bucket that was such a hit at Pixar Fest is at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom too!
- And speaking of popular, we talk a lot about crowd levels and the best time to visit Disney World, and there's a reason. On New Year's Eve, Magic Kingdom reportedly reached capacity for a couple of hours during the day.
- As if you grownup frogs needed another reason to visit, Busch Gardens Tampa has proclaimed 2019 "the year of beer." The theme park is offering every guest age 21 and over two free beer samples per park visit! Leap will be so hoppy to hear it.
- SeaWorld Orlando is celebrating Three Kings Day/Epiphany through Jan. 6 with a live nativity scene, Latin-inspired food and drinks, and the beautiful Sea of Trees and "O Wondrous Night" show.
- We'd be remiss if we didn't mention to all of you "Moana" fans, including Lily, Auli’I Cravahlo's visit to Epcot over the holidays. The voice of Moana herself, Cravahlo joined a list of celebrity narrators for this season's Candlelight Processional.
- It's rare that a cast member is described as a "Disneyland classic," but that's exactly the case for 25-year Disneyland employee Maynard Smith. This over-the-top entertaining cast member can often be found at the Enchanted Tiki Room or Haunted Mansion.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.