Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- One of the most anticipated openings of summer has finally hoppened! Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opened yesterday, and of course we frogs were there! Check out Tad's ribbeting good video of the new coaster that flies through the Forbidden Forest! Because of its higher vantage point, the motorbike ride is a bit more intense than the side car, which feels more like a traditional coaster ride.
- A pop-up Toy Story experience has opened at Disney Springs. At Toy Story Drop!, guests can play the themed mobile game, take a selfie with The Claw and receive a new limited-edition pop socket (while supplies last)!
- Rafiki's Planet Watch is set to reopen July 11, and as part of that guests can take part in The Animation Experience at Conservation Station. You'll toadally want to learn to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and others from Disney's "The Lion King."
- We hopped back to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland Resort one more time to experience the land, and, of course, Tad updated our Galaxy's Edge guide with all the deets!
- Believe it or not, Disneyland isn't stopping with Galaxy's Edge. This week, the city of Anaheim approved building permits for the new Marvel-themed land coming to Disney California Adventure. Among the permits were those for a bathroom renovation, retail space, microbrewery and character meet-and-greet area.
- SeaWorld Orlando confirmed this week that a new coaster is in the works for 2020! Using the hashtag #breaktheice, SeaWorld uploaded a video showing what appears to be the Arctic landscape and teasing "plunging thrills!"
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.