Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- It's officially party time! Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Walt Disney World Resort kicks off today. In preparation for all of the spooktacular fun to come, Halloween merchandise, decor and treats have also arrived at Disney Parks on both coasts. (That candy corn spirit jersey that is absolutely to die for!)
- With six James Beard award-wining chefs at Disney Springs, there is no shortage of toadally amazing dining experiences to go around. But how often do you actually get to meet one of those celebrity chefs? On Aug. 20, you can do just that! Wolfgang Puck will be visiting his restaurant at Disney Springs during lunch and dinner service to celebrate the launch of his new sparkling wine. Hop to make a reservation now via Disney dining or Open Table, as they will go quickly! Bon appetit!
- A House of 1000 Corpses maze is returning to Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood ... and making its debut at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando! Much like the West Coast counterpart, guests will explore Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen (the tourist attraction from the film that features infamous serial killers) before a frightening encounter with the murderous Firefly family. Rob Zombie has also inspired a scare zone at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando: Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe. All of the scare zones have now been announced for 2019's event, including Vikings Undead and Vanity Ball. You can check out all of the scary-good details here.
- A brand-new lagoon show will debut this year at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando! At 10 p.m., 11 p.m. and 12 a.m. each night, guests can watch "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem," showcasing iconic scenes from Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters and Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
- Slam dunk! Ever wanted to hit the court like your favorite basketball stars? The NBA Experience at Disney Springs is now open! Shoot some hoops during game challenges, test your basketball knowledge during a game of trivia and even check out sports memorabilia from your favorite NBA and WNBA stars.
- In preparation for its big debut, Disney has released a breathtaking birds' eye view video of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios ... and your favorite frogs are so hoppin' excited to say that we'll be heading for a sneak peek this weekend, too! (Our view will be at frog-level, though.) Be sure to follow us on Instagram @ThemeParkFrog for live updates (and green milk, of course)!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.