It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- For those of you who've long drooled over the cone options at Disney California Adventure, you can now find a number Cars Land cone creations -- like the Chili Cone Queso -- at Marketplace Snacks at Downtown Disney.
- We've also got scrumptious new details on L’Artisan des Glaces, an artisan ice cream and sorbet shop coming to France at Epcot in mid-June that will feature fresh ingredients made in-house.
It’s not exactly theme park news, but it is entertainment. The WWE announced it is opening a new 26,000-square-foot training center -- with seven wrestling rings and a sound stage -- in Orlando. Tad has already asked me if he can shoot video!
SeaWorld Orlando is bringing in live penguins for the Miami Dolphins’ Fin Fest as part of its Epic Voyage Tour ahead of the opening of its new exhibit/attraction Antarctica.
- Speaking of Antarctica, we took a look at construction progress Saturday while we were at Viva La Musica. Here is one of the pics!
- The Disney Parks Blog caught up with “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” driver Eduardo Marques, Jr., who will be competing at ESPN’s X Games Foz do Iguaçu.
- Over near Universal Orlando, a new Hash House A Go Go has sprung up. If you don’t have one of these chains near you, the restaurant offers “twisted farm food” for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner.
Universal’s Mardi Gras is drawing to a close, with All-American Rejects as the final performance for this year.
Universal released the full lineup for this year’s Rock the Universe, a Christian music festival held Sept. 6 and 7. This year’s lineup includes Switchfoot, Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom turns 15 on Monday (also Earth Day). To mark the occasion, the Orlando Sentinel has put together a quiz to test your AK knowledge. If you don’t get them all right, you’ll be in good company ;) I'm not revealing my score, but let's just say Mommy Frog got more right than me.
I leave you with this spectacular time-lapse video of the Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life coming to life, so to speak.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!