Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- The perfect combination of a childcare service and kids'-night-out, Pixar Play Zone has just opened for reservations at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Beginning April 9, kids ages 4 to 12 are invited for a night of fun with some of their favorite Pixar characters while their parents get a chance to enjoy the rest of Walt Disney World Resort. At only $65 per child, we couldn't be more excited about this pilot program!
- A cool new event will be available to Disney World guests starting in June as H20 Glow Nights will light up Disney's Typhoon Lagoon! Woody, Buzz and Jessie throw a party on the beach complete with dancing, party games, character meet-and-greets and access to all of the attractions after hours. At $55 for adults and $50 for children, this frog family is certainly going to hop on tickets when they go on sale Mar. 19!
- Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood have launched a new chatbot for Facebook messenger. The interactive feature will provide wait times, show times, park hours and information on points of interest. Want a certain food for dinner? Ask away. (I wonder how many ice cream destinations there are across all of Universal...)
- Disneyland will be offering a new Pixar-themed room and ticket package to its on-site resort guests. You'll be greeted in your hotel room to balloons, blankets and other souvenirs to take home — and in the parks, be welcomed for a reserved viewing of "Paint the Night." Talk about the total package!
- More and more details are being unveiled about Disney's California Adventure's Pixar Pier. What we're most excited about this week are the new snack locations being introduced. Three quick-service stands will be coming to Pixar Pier this summer: Señor Buzz Churros, the Poultry Palace and Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats. There's so much to look forward to!
- Back in Orlando, Sea World Seven Seas Food Festival has shared a bonus menu coming Mar. 31. New Latin-inspired dishes will join the already-kickin' line-up of menu items. We might have to make a special trip just so I can try the empanadilla loca, a pizza empanada with cheese, beef, mayonnaise-ketchup, lettuce and tomato. Yum!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.