Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Horror classic "Poltergeist" is headed to Halloween Horror Nights on both coasts! Guests will experience some of the film's iconic scenes, including the flickering TV and Beast from beyond, in this maze coming to Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- The chill of fall is in the air — not! — but that doesn't stop us from thinking about how amazing it will be. This fall, Dia de los Muertos returns to Disneyland Resort with the "Coco"-inspired Plaza de la Familia, mariachis and the beautifully decorated Zocalo Park. These special experiences run Sept. 7 through Nov. 2.
- And for all of your ghoulish delights, a number of popular treats are returning to the parks this Halloween, including the Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket. This year you will be able to get it at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom for the first time in addition to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure. There is also a brand-new premium cauldron bucket making it's way to the parks.
- In addition to quicker service, there's another reason to use mobile ordering at Walt Disney World. There are a few additional "secret menu" options, including a Pork Belly Burger at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.
- Roller coaster junkies might want to pop over to Orlando on Aug. 17. SeaWorld Orlando is holding Thrill Fest, with coasters Kraken, Manta, Mako and Journey to Atlantis staying open 'til midnight. There are also "tech talk" sessions earlier in the day, with a behind-the-scenes look inside the Manta coaster house.
- For you budget frogs, here's a little insider tip to save on Disney souvenirs. Two of the Orlando-area outlet malls have Disney Character Warehouse stores include official Disney Parks merchandise — some of it overstock and some of it from seasons' past.
- In this week's awwww news, a momma mandrill gave birth at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The mandrill, a vulnerable species of monkey, is native to the African rainforests, but you can find this pair — along with poppa — at Kilimanjaro Safaris.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.