Princess Nite at Disneyland is one of the brand-new Disneyland After Dark events of 2023, and it's definitely a royal night to remember! This first-ever magical event is themed after the stories of Disney heroines and their shared values of bravery, beauty and grace. You can meet the princesses, dance with them, strike a royal pose at photo-ops and eat special foods during Princess Nite. Let's hop to it and go over everything you need to know to plan a perfect evening at Princess Nite!
Overview of Princess Nite at Disneyland
This all-new celebration under the stars immerses you in the adventurous lives of the Disney princesses, who ignite the world with kindness, courage, grace and a touch of magic. Experience shimmering décor, special photo opportunities, themed food and beverage offerings, and characters galore. Guests who attend this event receive a commemorative credential and guide map.
You can find all the menus and details for Princess Nite or future Disneyland After Dark events in the Disneyland app in advance. Type in "Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite" (or the name of your event) and scroll down to the event guide for all the frogtastic deets! We are also sharing everything we know about Princess Nite below.
Princess Nite Dates and Times
Princess Nite 2023 is sold out this year, taking place on March 7 and 9, 2023. Hop over to our post on Disneyland After Dark events to find other events this year and ones that may return next year.
Have a ball with pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland Park starting at 6 p.m. (theme park reservation is not required). The party kicks off at 9 p.m. and ends at 1 a.m. Don't worry —nobody will lose a shoe or turn into a pumpkin at midnight! Parking is not included with a ticket to this event. Parking lot buses and shuttles run until 2 a.m.
Characters and Photo Locations at Princess Nite
Receive a royal welcome at the Disneyland Train Station with Princess Minnie Mouse and Princess Daisy Duck accompanied by fanfare trumpeters. You can pose with photo backdrops inspired by Disney films such as “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Princess Diaries.” Enjoy unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the party. Scan the QR code on your event wristband into the Disneyland app to access photos captured during the event.
Princess Meet and Greet Locations
Here is where to find your favorite princesses:
- Main Street U.S.A.: Princess Minnie Mouse and Princess Daisy Duck, plus there is a cavalcade featuring Giselle twice an hour!
- Adventureland: Jasmine and Moana
- New Orleans Square: Tiana
- Frontierland: Pocahontas
- Tomorrowland: Princess Leia (OMG! She had R2-D2 with her!)
- Fantasyland: Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Elena of Avalor, Kida of Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Merida (and you can test your archery skills), Mulan, Princess Atta, Raya, Sofie the First and Snow White
Princess-Themed Photo Opportunities
Here are some places where you can find themed photo backdrops:
- Main Street, U.S.A.: Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite Welcome Window and "Be Our Guest"
- Critter Country: Be Royally Fierce and Storybook
- Frontierland: Agrabah and Night Scene
- Fantasyland: Cinderella's Crystal Coach, Royal Throne and The Princess Diaries "The Art of the Fan"
Princess Nite Attire
You do not need a royal gown to attend Princess Nite, but you are welcome to wear one anyway! One of the best parts of Disneyland After Dark events is that guests of all ages can dress up, just like for Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween parties.
Just be sure that your royal attire meets the Disneyland After Dark costume guidelines:
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length princess dresses).
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- All guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests.
- Costumes may not contain any items that resemble (or could easily be mistaken for) an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp/pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
For Guests Ages 13 and Under
Costumes may be worn, as well as some masks, as long as the entire face isn’t covered and the eyes are visible.
For Guests Ages 14 and Older
For adults and teens, keep safety and good judgment in mind and adhere to these guidelines:
- Capes cannot go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are permitted.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus.
- Headwear may not cover the face.
- No masks of any kind, except for medical purposes.
The above rules apply only during event hours (and mix-in time when you're allowed to enter the park three hours early for the event). Standard theme park attire rules apply during all other times. All rules, regulations and guidelines are subject to change without notice. If you don't adhere to the guidelines, Disney may remove you from the event, unless you can modify the costume to meet the above standards.
Entertainment at Princess Nite
Of course, you can expect a night of music and dance with the princesses. Enjoy an inspiring musical concert, accompanied by live vocalists, that celebrates heartwarming, adventurous heroines such as Moana, Merida and more. Head to the Tomorrowland stage to dance the night away at a high-energy, candy-themed dance party with Vanellope Von Schweetz and female DJs. Get a taste of Tiana’s Southern hospitality while you dance along to jazz music in New Orleans Square. There is even a cavalcade twice an hour.
Here is where and when you'll find enchanting entertainment:
Soaring Melodies Under the Stars — 9:30, 10:45 and 11:45 p.m.
Head to rivers of America and New Orleans Square for some inspiring musical performances with special appearances by princesses.
A Royal Welcome to All — Every 30 minutes per hour
Princess Minnie Mouse and Princess Daisy Duck make a royal arrival at the Train Station and Main Street, U.S.A.
Cavalcade Featuring Giselle — Two times per hour starting at 9:15 p.m.
Head to Main Street, U.S.A. throughout the night to spot Giselle in a cavalcade. That's how you know you'll be in for a great time.
Struttin' Jazz Band — 9, 10 and 11 p.m. and 12:15 a.m.
You're almost there. Where? The Café Orleans Patio.
Pop Princess Dance Party — 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
This female DJ dance party featuring Vanellope Von Schweetz is all sugar, spice and everything nice.
Share Your Light — 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Near the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, you can share a trait and leave your mark on the night.
Princess Gowns of the Past — 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
View princess gowns in Main Street Cinema.
Dining at Princess Nite
Nibble on specialty menu items (for purchase) fit for a princess. The menus can be found on the Disneyland app. You can mobile order in advance for the party time, and we highly recommend that you do. Since Disneyland closes to day guests at 8 p.m., we recommend eating between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. before the party kicks off.
Quick-Service Location Special Princess Nite Menu Items:
- Gibson Girl — Princess Sundae with blackberry, peach and raspberry sorbets
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café — Daydreamer Macaron (raspberry coconut) and Princess Trifle (with white chocolate mousse, mixed berry compote and vanilla cake)
- Refreshment Corner — Curried Beef Hotdog and Cotton Candy and Cream Cheese Pretzel
- Little Red Wagon — Mixed Berry Lemonade
- Plaza Inn — Be Brave Spicy Chicken Dinner and Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Bengal Barbecue — Pineapple Shrimp Skewer
- Hungry Bear Restaurant — Cajun Honey-Glazed Chicken with Loaded Steak Fries and Tea Time Lemon Funnel Cake with Lemon Sorbet
- Red Rose Taverne — Escargot Flatbread, Wild Mushroom Flatbread and Glowing Strawberry Sparkle Tea
- Galactic Grill — Spicy Huli Huli Loaded Tenders and Royal Sparkling Lemonade
- Alien Pizza Planet — Big Slice Pepperoni Pizza, Big Slice Cheese and Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Tomorrowland Pretzel Cart — Macadamia Nut Pretzel
- Churro Carts at Fantasyland and "it's a small world" — Blueberry Cheesecake Churro with Blueberry Cheesecake Dipping Sauce
- The Churro Carts at Castle, Frontierland and Tomorrowland — Berry Good Churro
- Churro Carts at New Orleans Square and Critter Country — Friendship Churro Rolled in Raspberry-Limeade & Pink Lemonade Sugars
Prix-Fixe Tea Service at Café Orleans
Party ticket holders can reserve a special prix fixe tea service at Cafe Orleans. The Tea Service
includes a choice of Twinings London hot tea alongside a wide selection of exquisite eats (for an additional cost), such as:
- Adult Tea Service: Short Rib, Caviar Egg, Crab Avocado Toast, Monte Fritter, Creole Chicken & Apple Pecan Salad Po’ Boy, Crepe Layer Cake, Blueberry-Almond Scone, Strawberry Shortcake and Strawberry-Chocolate Cream Puff
- Adult Tea Service (Plant-Based): Impossible Sandwich, Roasted Potato, Avocado Toast, Ratatouille Sandwich, Cucumber & Watercress Salad Sandwich, Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Raspberry Bar, Fruit Cobbler and Blueberry-Almond Scone
- Kid’s Tea Service: Peanut Butter & Jelly, Grilled Cheese, Meatball Po’ Boy, Assorted Fruit and Cream Puff
The packages cost $60 per adult and $30 per child, plus tax and gratuity. You need a valid special event ticket for Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite to book this dining event. The Princess Nite ticket is not included in the price of the dining package. A great time to reserve your package is 8 p.m. before the party kicks off.
Attractions Open for Princess Nite
Most rides are open during Princess Nite at Disneyland. (May we recommend a princess-themed ride — Snow White's Enchanted Wish?) The following attractions and areas are expected to be closed:
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Mickey's Toontown
- Tarzan's Treehouse
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
You can usually enjoy very short wait times for attractions during Disneyland After Dark events. You do not need Genie+, which is not available during parties anyway.
Princess Nite Merchandise
Purchase special event merchandise (limit five items per guest) at the following locations:
- The Star Trader
- Pioneer Mercantile
At the Emporium on Main Street U.S.A., there is a Crislu jewelry truck show (featuring designer Amireh Parstabar) from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Tips for Princess Nite at Disneyland
Here are a few tips to make your Princess Nite a dream come true:
- Arrive early (use those early three hours to visit attractions that close early or eat).
- Dress for the weather (it can get chilly or wet).
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Don't attend after a full day in the park.
- Mobile order food early.
- Eat a meal early or eat between 8 and 9 p.m.
- Mobile order food for the party in advance. Do not arrive for food until you receive the notification that it is ready. We have found mobile ordering to be slow on party nights. You have no time to waste.
- Identify your must-see activities in advance.
- Find out of a line may be cut off before the end of the night so you do not miss out.
- If you hoppen to be in a line when the park closes, you can stay in line.
- Shop early. The stores all close at 1 a.m.
- Consider staying on-site or close by so you can get to bed as soon as possible after the party ends.
- Access the event guide in the Disneyland app.
- Magic Key holders can stop by Star Wars Launch Bay for a special keepsake.
Are you attending Princess Nite or any other Disneyland After Dark events this year? While we don't currently sell tickets to any of them, we do have some hoppin' deals on hotel stays and multi-day Disneyland theme park tickets as well as tickets for other SoCal theme parks. If you need a rental car, be sure to add it to your tickets or hotel in your cart to get bonus savings of up to 50 percent!
Related: What to Expect at Disneyland After Dark Parties